Honda Prelude Engine parts

chelseas-nana, Oct 8, 10:39pm
Before I list these do you think there would be any interest in an assorted box of engine parts.These were taken off my daughters engine when the main bearing blew.No idea what they are or value.All I know is they are working parts,lol.

vtecintegra, Oct 8, 11:51pm
Depends. They made the Prelude for more than 20 years and there were many different engine options.

chelseas-nana, Oct 8, 11:52pm
'92 model.

vtecintegra, Oct 8, 11:56pm
Depends on which engine it had and which parts you kept then.

chelseas-nana, Oct 8, 11:59pm
Looks like everything that could be taken off by mechanic was.

pollymay, Oct 9, 5:31am
the right price and wait long enough someone will. Otherwise no one will be too bothered, they're everywhere. I just blew my ones mains and have a pile of bits

vtecnet, Oct 9, 5:34am
They are worthless parts wise, loads of them around, which is good as I have one, makes it rather cheap to keep on the road, even a manual vtec one is cheap to buy in good condition.

elect70, Oct 9, 10:41pm
should be heaps aroundas couldnt get new internals for them , the origonal disposabale motor.Had a 92 2l & asked about set ofbearings & rings- got laughed at .

michael.benn, Oct 9, 11:06pm
What engine! Could be interested in a few bits and pieces.

chelseas-nana, Oct 10, 1:33am
Not sure of motor type sorry.These have been in the garage for a few months and the car is no longer here.From memory It was a 6 cylinder auto but apart from that can't help.

pollymay, Oct 10, 4:02am
Lol they only did a 4cylinder. There is the H22, F22 and H23. Vtec, and 2 non vtec engines on of which is a stroker of the h22 basically.

michael.benn, Oct 10, 4:13am
If it's the F22B I'd be interested. Or the H22.

michael.benn, Oct 10, 4:14am
How much for the box of parts!

chelseas-nana, Oct 10, 4:24am
Open to reas offers if your keen'

vtecnet, Oct 10, 5:21am
Horrible motor to rebuild, the H22a that is, they have FRM Sleeves, which has to be honed with a special stone etc. but you can get the rings, bearings etc all on ebay for next to nothing.

pollymay, Dec 29, 7:48am
Mine has darton cast sleeves, I win