Restoration question

hobby., Oct 28, 2:11am
am restoring a honda 350 four bike.Should I sandblast and get the frame spraypainted or get it powder coated! thanks

dave653, Oct 28, 2:28am
Personally I don't think powdercoat is as tough as most people think, paint would be my choice.

grangies, Oct 28, 2:58am
Get it blasted and spray painted with a 2k Epoxy followed by 2k Colour.

trogedon, Oct 28, 4:16am
Agreed. That's how I have mine done. 2K (whether the paint or clear) is well hard enough and it can easily be touched up.

singing1, Oct 28, 10:45am
This is interesting in that if you paint your frame with something really it will chip easier.say if you slip with a spanner or the like.if the paint is a little softer it wont chip quite as easily.

cmx4eva, Oct 28, 11:08am
ive had frames done in 2k and powder,they both chip much the same so either or.im gonna galv the next one

brokebloke1, Oct 28, 6:49pm
I use to work in a powercoating company and ITS NOT as tough as everyone thinks, it WILL chip and when it does it will peel worst than paint.

mopar63, Oct 28, 7:19pm
if ya worried about chipping why not paint the frame in enamel, it's a bit softer ,you canalways drop a wee bit of hardner it it to speed up the drying

the-lada-dude, Jan 14, 3:12pm
CMX4CVAb4 you go galvanizing that frame just check that it doesn't cause hydrogen embrittlement. i know chrome plating will, you can mitigate this problem by heat treatment .