Any comments on Honda Jazz by owners

843, Nov 16, 5:49pm
please.

kazbanz, Nov 16, 7:07pm
The honda Fit/Jazz is a fantastic 5 door hatch. The 1300 is ok but the 1500 is really good. The cabin is modern and its easy to drive.
If you buy a 5 speed manual you will have years of trouble free driving.
They do have an issue though and thats the auto transmission.They are well known to die at around the 80k mark. I'm not sure if this is due to lack of servicing or if its a desighn flaw. This is definitely more noticeable in the jap import 1300cc version.

savanna71, Nov 17, 6:10am
CVT transmission starter clutches fail at horiffic rates in both NZ new and imports, roof panelling around tailgate hinges cracks filling the boot with water. Window switches fail and the biggest let down of all Honda NZ's reluctance to accept warranty claims and refusal to offer any good will to customers. Personally i would consider the alternatives alone based on Honda NZ's refusal to support customers.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 17, 6:37am
I agree, good in manual not good in CVT.
If you want a good CVT/Auto alternative buy the Fiat Punto MK2 (thats the shape that starts in the year 2000)
It's CVT is a MUCH better design and lasts really well. CVT is fantastic for little cars but it has to be a good unit. The little Fiats 1.2 16 Valve engine is a real cracker too, as is the rest of the car.

ringo2, Nov 17, 6:49am
If you want a well built and reliable car in that size buy a Hyundai Getz 1500cc.

franc123, Nov 17, 7:06am
What, in the same way that Mitsubishi didn't want to know about brake failure in Galants/Legnums and rusted out roof panelss in RVR's and Lancers earlier this century!Okayyy,,,,

savanna71, Nov 17, 7:14am
The difference is honda NZ wont support vehicle that they themselves (as in kiwi new vehicles) supplied. No ones asking them to support imports that they never brought in which MMNZ did end up doing, but hey dont let facts get in the way of a good story

craig04, Nov 17, 7:14am
do you mean cracker, as in brittle!

thejazzpianoma, Nov 17, 7:32am
Nah, I mean cracker as in tasty. and what a tasty wee hatch they are!

craig04, Nov 17, 7:33am
Oh, I see.Like a tasty cracker. You know they are just stale bread products.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 17, 7:53am
Yip and breasts are just fatty tissue.

craig04, Nov 17, 7:54am
Sweater buddies!

carstauranga001, Nov 17, 7:55am
I thought they go bang like a fire cracker.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 17, 7:56am
What was this thread about again!. I forget.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 17, 7:57am
Lets hope the one you sold last month dosn't then aye!

stevo2, Nov 17, 8:29am
Ding ding. This round goes to Jazz lol.

843, Nov 18, 4:49am
Thank you for the feedback.

The advice will be handy for my search.

kazbanz, Nov 18, 5:20am
Ohh and 843do yaself a favour--Take amanual 1500 out for a drive first. They as a manual are actually quite a tasty little car to drive. But will spoil you for auto/tiptronic versions

843, Nov 18, 9:20pm
thanx kaz.so go for the Honda Jazz 1500 motor.

I like to be spoiled witrh my car.

Present car Ford Telstar Mystique has spoiled me something rotten.

Been a beautiful car and still is to drive but battered in the body a little thanx to its owners carelessness.SHAMEON ME!

kazbanz, Nov 19, 12:13am
hey 843if thats what you are out of have a look at the honda stream. similar looking vehicle but with none of the fit issues

smac, Mar 16, 3:41pm
Not an owner, just borrowed one a couple of times. Personal opinion only, but I thought it was a nasty little thing made of tin foil.I guess if you drive one and don't find it tinny then go with the advice above.