Turbo question. I have a twin turbo toyota supra 1993 she39s beautiful i39ve had it now for 12 months where is the best place in

dollybean, Nov 20, 6:36am
I have a twin turbo toyota supra (1993, she's beautiful), i've had it now for 12 months, where is the best place in ch-ch to have it serviced!

mugenb20b, Nov 20, 6:59am
Your title has nothing to do with your question. Turbo or not, a '93 Supra is nothing special, nor spectacular, it's a very basic car actually. So any garage will be able to service it. If you've had the car for 12 months, then it's already overdue for a service by 6 months, so it's not like you're fussy about its mechanical state anyway.

ninja_man, Nov 20, 7:05am
wow whats stuck up your arse

ginga4lyfe, Nov 20, 7:06am
he may come across a little harsh but I wouldnt disagree with him

mugenb20b, Nov 20, 7:08am
Nothing, why!

ninja_man, Nov 20, 7:10am
i guess you did make a fair point, i take that back.

mugenb20b, Nov 20, 7:15am
Nah, you're right actually. OP, I do apologise for my abbrasive comments, I've been in bed with a cold this whole weekend whilst being on call at the same time. Like I said though, any garage should be able to look after your car, but I don't know who's best in your area.

rayzor14, Nov 20, 7:16am
Nice car. Frankly pick any reputable garage and avoid the cookie cutter cheap places e.g. Midas, Pit Stop etc.
If you are prepared to spend the money keeping it as it should be kept why not consider a Toyota dealer!

dollybean, Nov 20, 7:17am
OMG, jealously much! I'll find my own tune up outfit, I've had her oil changed every 5k and I'm not a boy racer, you negative people obviously drive mazda's or mitsubishi's and are so jealous, this motoring thread is sh*t!

dollybean, Nov 20, 7:19am
Thanks for a non bullshit reply mate :)

mugenb20b, Nov 20, 7:29am
Well, there you go. Take it to the same garage as last time.

sw20, Nov 20, 7:30am
See James at Neil Stuart Automotive on Falsgrave street. He does top work.

mugenb20b, Nov 20, 7:34am
No, not at all. The turbo Supra can't carry 5 people nor do any commercial work, so no good to me.

NZTools, Nov 20, 5:52pm
I dont think he is interested in dealing with people who get all snarky at fair comments.

r15, Nov 20, 6:48pm
it can carry 4 (uncomfortably)
i used mine briefly for electrical commercial work while my van was getting worked on for a couple of days. was alright if you only took what you absoloutely NEEDED with you

phillip.weston, Nov 20, 8:06pm
jealous of a 1993 Supra! oh how I LOL'd.

rayzor14, Nov 21, 2:14am
God damn!
It amazes me that this is an automotive forum where someone has come to ask a question about who would provide a good service to maintain a car that THEY are proud of.
Whether you or anyone else likes it is largely irrelevant - someone wants to look after their car properly and if you claim to be any sort of automotive enthusiast you'd be offering any useful advice you could!

rotormotor7, Nov 21, 3:08am
+1 agree

i asked similar type question last week regarding clutch work needed and garage reccomendations got first reply someone spent the time crying i need english lessons or something so abandonedthe thread.

i very rarely ask anyone for advice on here as too many muppet/keyboard bandits with no advice only. my advice, join up to a dedicated forum of your particular marque where you wont get bagged.

thejazzpianoma, Nov 21, 3:15am
In fairness to muganb20b he was a big enough man to appologise. not too many of those on here. Plus I do sympathize with him being crook, I have spent countless days flat on my back unable to do much more than hang out here.

Sure some say you should avoid the boards when you are sick and grumpy but sometimes its just the ticket to get your mind off things.

If it was someone being nasty without remorse or reason my view would be very different.

rayzor14, Nov 21, 4:21am
Yup, and to be perfectly honest muganb20b was not the comment I was referring to.
My point in general was that the legitimate request made by someone who is proud of their car for some indications of reputable places to have that car maintained suddenly becomes a debate on whether the car is cool, desireable, is better than XYZ. The simple reality is that the owner of the Supra is proud of it and wants to maintain it to a high standard. If only there were more people so inclined!

thejazzpianoma, Mar 24, 8:43am
Fair call rayzor14. although. just on occasion. I might possibly be guilty of tangents myself. But only in the constructive spirit of the OP's request. of course!