Nissan navara. Petrol 16 low kms usually great runner last couple of months has been lagging im guessing spark plugs drty needs

whoz_datgurl, Jan 18, 12:04am
petrol 1.6. low kms usually great runner last couple of months has been lagging im guessing spark plugs drty. needs a tune or something. ideas!

andrea_w, Jan 18, 12:08am
So basic maintenance hasn't been done if your suggesting plugs or a 'tune'!

Maybe start with doing the basic maintenance, see if that makes a difference.

whoz_datgurl, Jan 18, 12:08am
yeah i needs it my partner been working long hours and can never be bothered its his loss. im just going to take it to mechanic which is stupid becuase he is fully capable of doing it himself. ahwell.

m16d, Jan 18, 4:45am
Air filter.

pettal, Jan 18, 8:33am
if it's anything like mine= new thermostat as they dont like running cold , aircleaner as has already been said , take the Cat convetor out and punch a hole through it , and run 95 petrol which it seems to like .

michelle322, Jan 19, 1:48am
Mine is a early z series 1600 Navara,no cat, but what happens it slowly wears the points lobe and the points gap closes,open it up and goes good as,unless they are burnt.I run 91 petrol.

jaxz, Mar 6, 8:18pm
HELP i have a nissan navara skystar 1997 petrol and it keeps on surging wen i drive over 3000rpm it wont go when i put my foot down just spits and splutters what could it be
ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME PLEASE