A question regarding +ting a sr20de

frogs61, Nov 24, 7:26am
I am putting a new engine in my s14 sr20de with 100,000 I am wanting to plus t it later on, what does it involve! New pistons, fuel lines, oil lines, fuel pump, front mount anything else! Also any where good in christchurch where it would be done good! Cheers

nick91111, Nov 24, 7:30am
Forged internals (pistons, conrods e tc) Oil squirter for pistons, catch can, fuel pump, intercooler, ECU etc etc. Do it while you have it out/before its in a lot easier! Or just by a factory 20DET!

goron56, Nov 24, 7:37am
why don't you put a new DET in instead.plenty on TM.

frogs61, Nov 24, 7:38am
If I took it some where professionally done how much would it roughly cost do you reckon! Wouldnt f around with a bogan job at home

gadgit3, Nov 24, 7:41am
What the hell is +ting

dr.doolittle, Nov 24, 7:41am
WTF is a "+ting a sr20de" !

Thanks

dr.doolittle, Nov 24, 7:43am
Is dat like a "nek minut"!

frogs61, Nov 24, 7:43am
Another question is if I put a factory det in the factory de shell what would I need, would it bolt staight in! intercooler, ecu, fuel pump anything else!

fordcrzy, Nov 24, 7:46am
bolt the DET turbomanifold and install the DET injectors.then just use a emanage blue or megasquirt as a good management solution.you dont NEED the DET engine to go turbo.you just need to be sensible about tuning it.

gadgit3, Nov 24, 7:53am
Took the Pulsar to the 4 square Nek Minut waaa phssss

ninja_man, Nov 24, 8:00am
adding a turbo.

ginga4lyfe, Nov 24, 8:53am
alot of the time you can buy the sr20DET ecu's that just plug into the non DET loom, and they will be fine, well thats how it was on a few Skylines i have seen

rob_man, Nov 24, 9:08am
Well that's that mystery solved, I was trying to figure out what "plusting" was.
Is it so hard to write turbo!

mrfxit, Nov 24, 7:29pm
LOL, thats worse then texting, at least most of the texting short cuts do make some sort of sense.

jsbike, Nov 24, 7:35pm
Anyone that doesn't know what know what a +t is prob cant help the op anyway.

fionabc, Nov 24, 7:47pm
Dont do this it dosent work go to nissansilvia.co.nz all the info you need & more is on that site,

mrfxit, Nov 24, 8:54pm
Bollocks, just needs a bit more PLAIN & common ENGLISH

jsbike, Nov 24, 8:57pm
correct, a +t requires a tune for a high compression engine with a turbo, a de or normal det tune (low comp with turbo) wont do a high comp tubo engine any good. best advice is just fot a genuine sr20det and matching ecu.

mrfxit, Nov 24, 9:08pm
HUH,it's going to need a custom tune regardless of which way he goes, unless he sticks in a Std full DET engine + gearbox & full ecu setup.

ANY engine/ecu mods/swaps will need a custom tune to get the best results.

Turboing a DE is simple & effective as long as you keep it mild.
It's only when you try for max HP /boost & revs that they fly apart

kiwicon, Nov 24, 9:27pm
What you need.

Turbo
Manifold
Stainless Steel Oil Feed Line and connectors
T-Connector for Oil Sending Unit
2 x Water Hose Lines and connectors (if turbo chosen has water cooling)
Aluminium / Steel Pipe for Intake Plumbing
Aftermarket BOV
Boost Controller
Intercooler
Boost Gauge
Larger than factory injectors - I actually have some 690cc side feeds if your keen
Uprated Fuel Pump - i have a walbro if your keen
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator (not crucial but handy for tuning)
a restrictor for the oil feed line, so that the turbo doesn't get flooded with oil
Then just sum kind of engine or air/fuel management - a daughterboard is probably your cheapest option.
Use your current loom

Also you need to drill and tap the 'magic spot' on the DE block for an oil return bung to be fitted. This is just a 50c sized blank space where the factory would normally tap for a DET. Its real deep tho and will give more than its fair share of metal shavings so the oilpans must be removed to clear the way. Either that or return it to the sump

falcon15, Nov 24, 9:44pm
i am a mechanic and have alot to do with sr20det's both factory turbo and +t. If your going to pay a shop to sorce the parts and do the conversion it will most likly work out cheaper to just buy a full sr20det engine conversion and get that installed while your motors out now. Once you put a new sr20de engine in and get all the turbo conversion parts and pay somone to fit it all it will be pritty expensive especially with the cost of a aftermarket ecu and tune.

gemma165, Nov 24, 9:47pm
x1
buy it we have just done a skyline up and for what we have spent we could of brought one already done ! now we will loose lots :(

moosie_21, Apr 8, 6:42am
If you're intent on keepng the DE shellthen buy the DET engine, do whatever you want to it while the engine is OUT, then chuck it in when everything is done, easiest and most cost effective way short of selling yours up and buying a factory DET car.