BOB1120, I have a question, are you around!

pugmyre, Jan 28, 6:16am
We have a 1992 BMW 318i Auto.Have just spent $1000-00 on W/pump, C/belt and adjusters, Plugs, and Leads etc.It has a miss at idle especially when up to temp which will sometimes cut out motor.Have no problems when cold, but also when hot it has a dead spot when revved sharply.Other than that it's a great car.Just as good as our Jag on long drives etc.Our mechanic just can't seem to get it right.We're going to get some BMW knockers on this one but that's ok.Still like the car.Any help is appreciated.Many Thanks.All others that could advise us, we thank you also.

pugmyre, Jan 29, 5:56am
Look forward to your reply.Cheers.

pugmyre, Jan 29, 7:07am
Thanks for that Bob.It seems to be running true to form.It is very smooth running under power and does everything it should.What type of plug would you personally recommend!

pugmyre, Jan 29, 8:13am
Will check out the plugs etc and get back to you tomorrow and let you know what type I have in there.I appreciate your time and advice that you give us all on TM.Thank you.I follow your advice and information you give people wherever I can.Thanks.

pugmyre, Jan 29, 9:53pm
Bob.Plugs I have are what you said I should have.They are new.This engine has only 1 12 volt coil fitted.Should it have a Coil Pack system!It is a E36 M40 engine.Cheers.

pugmyre, Feb 17, 4:52pm
Thanks Bob.Is the 0800 number in the yellow pages your number!