95 Honda Accord Problem

simon081, Dec 9, 11:17pm
Fans in centre of dash do not go havent gone since i bought the car friend said it may be just a fuse have checked all the fuses in the engine but none are blowen in my other cars there has been a fuse box under the steering wheel but in my accord i can find it anyone have the same car and know where the fuse box is

johnf_456, Dec 9, 11:19pm
Have a look around the drivers area like the footwell etc kick panels etc

ozz1, Dec 9, 11:20pm
am assuming your heater control unit is single dial type. VERY commonfaultandquite hard to find.faultyheatercontrol unit

simon081, Dec 9, 11:22pm
i wouldn't think so ozz1 the fans on on each side work fine on both temps but the centre fans have never worked

andrea_w, Dec 9, 11:33pm
There is no centre fan. there is a single blower with pumps air out of all vents. The direction of airflow (windscreen, face, feet etc) is controlled by small motors which adjust flaps within the heater box. I'd say the motor which controls the flaps to direct air out of the centre vents has passed its use by date or the rod connecting the motor to the flaps has come off.

simon081, Dec 9, 11:38pm
so can i fix it or does a mechanic need to do it

andrea_w, Dec 10, 12:17am
I highly doubt a mechanic would take on that sorta job. I don't know if you can do it, it depends on how confident you are at working on cars.
What I suggested may not be the cause, but if it is it may be a dash out job depending on how accessible the motor/rod is (the flap itself may even be broken inside the heater box - that is definitely a dash out job). Removing the dash isn't as hard as you would think. an experienced person could have it out in about an hour.
Pop you head under the dash and have a look around - focus on the centre of the dash as thats where the main part of the heater box is. you may need to remove some basic lower trim panels like the glovebox to get a better view. While looking under there, adjust the heater controls to blow onto the windscreen, feet etc and it will give you a better idea of how it all works under there - which may help you locate the problem.

hamhonda, Dec 13, 12:21am
as ozz1 has said, if your one has the single dial on the heater control then it will be the controls themselves that are faulty, all electric circuit boards inside it and it wont change the direction for the vents. You'll need to replace them, and mechanic can do it easy enough

michael.benn, Dec 13, 9:01am
The fuse box is in the engine bay.

Look in top left corner if looking at it from front. ('96 Accord owner)