Auto sparky's (electricians)

reaperssoul, Jan 30, 10:11pm
is thier any sites where i can download car manuals to test components for specific models working in a sparky shop,i dont mind paying but as long as the info is good and helpful somewhat like auto data (except autodata has limitations and does not provide all info like manuals do)

also i need a sparky with some experience.if you know any one let me know

mechnificent, Jan 30, 11:40pm

reaperssoul, Jan 31, 12:57am
thanks dude,thats some help,by the way do you know any sparkys looking for a job

mechnificent, Jan 31, 1:03am
No, I'm way out in the country.

The best sie there is pdfworld by the way.

Is there a particular vehicle you are after! Particular information!

mechnificent, Jan 31, 1:05am
Oh, I just reread. you are operating a workshop huh!

reaperssoul, Feb 1, 4:56am
yes we are operating agarage but with today cars and tech,we need as much information we can get

bigfatmat1, Feb 1, 5:02am
Have you tried alldata before!

reaperssoul, Feb 1, 5:14am
yes we have autodata in our system but its not as helpful,esp on the electric side of it

mechnificent, Feb 1, 8:22am
Most electronics are fairly similar . sensor testing and stuff is fairly uniform.
If you really want to swat up and learn how it all works though you want to get technical training manuals. not workshop manuals.
Workshop manuals tell you how to chack the individual components and what the figures should be and where to find them, but most of that stuff in generic. all the same from model to model. Technical training manuals explain how the individual components work and how to test them but also how they all interact and why.

There are some good toyota ones here.
http://www.autoshop101.com/autoshop15.html

And I have seen nissan and subaru ones. Have a search fo training manuals. they are much better.

bigfatmat1, Feb 1, 8:24am
not 'autodata'ALLDATA also wiring diagrams is extra on autodata have you paid for them as well. I have this
http://www.dhgate.com/2010-alldata-10-20-2010-mitchell-autodata/p-ff8080812c0be4eb012c0f44c00c78de.html
some of the cars are under different names and there is no australian falcon but there is the exported dunnydores.

well worth the money.

mechnificent, Feb 1, 8:34am
There isn't really anything that covers jap, euro, american and Aussie cars all in one place. You always seem to end up needing several different sources. just like the diagnostic tools.

So much for making common standards.

bigfatmat1, Feb 1, 8:41am
A good auto sparky would seldom resort to wiring diagrams what is more important is to us is having a tool that will communicate with a vast selection of vehicles and a some books that list the manual extraction of information and cross over codes for engine management and subsystems. Also a good scope and the knowledge of how to drive it and what to look for. My advise would be do not scimp on the diagnostic tools. You can charge them out at 50+ easily per use and are worth their weight in gold Hanatech do a nice one with a 4 channel scope built in ideal for the nz market. The also save alot of time and frustration. Research this thoroughly before purchasing if you do not already have one Look at the selection of vehicles you do what years faults then pick a tool accordingly do not fool for the sales pitch shit some are free updates some dont get updated at all some charge thousands does it come with adaptors ect ect snap on also do a nice we scope that has test information on various componants ect which is handy if you dont know what ya looking at ya can peer the hanatech with a bosch kts 650 for just about full coverage

bigfatmat1, Feb 1, 8:47am
come on the red wire is always + and black always - and hey there is nearly a standard plug just ashame about the protocols used and the manafacturer specific pins for sub sytems

mechnificent, Feb 1, 8:49am
Ha, yup.

You have to know your basic theory/theories, and then apply it to the case in hand.

reaperssoul, Feb 2, 6:10am
thanks dudes thats helpful

reaperssoul, Feb 2, 6:11am
i believe this is on a cd
would you have a copy to send my way plus ill pay you for it

bigfatmat1, Feb 2, 6:29am
It is 160g thats alot of cd's you need a hard drive for it alldata is massive. and mitchel is 74gig

reaperssoul, Feb 2, 6:37am
holy cow
how much $nz did it cost you

bigfatmat1, Feb 2, 9:03am
I didn't buy that particular one off that seller but the same from another seller and it was $240nz to me door

reaperssoul, Feb 2, 7:09pm
ok thanks

btw how does updating and stuff cost and i believe the program is on a harddrive,right

justcruisin, Mar 9, 3:14am
have a look at www.rennacs.com , nz made