Auto electrical advice required! Hiace.

flashgordon_nz, Dec 15, 6:51am
Evening all! Reasonably flat battery in the hiace this morning. no key in it when i hopped in it, but could hear the heater fan going.
Here appears to be what it happening - key out, everything is off, and operating as normal - ie, no going unless the key is on ACC/ING.
Key on - Everything functions and works. However, if the heater is on speed 1, and only 1, when the key is turned off and removed, the heater fan stays on. Any Ideas!

It is a 2000 NZ New Toyota Hiace, LH184 (coach), 5L diesel, manual. Red - apparently in some threads, that makes a difference!. Used to be yellow. was originally red. who knows, maybe its got paint build-up somewhere causing stray voltage. LOL

Any helpful info, advice, or ideas appreciated!

jono2912, Dec 15, 8:43am

This is not something you are going to be able to fix yourself, take it to Auto Sparky.

kazbanz, Dec 15, 8:47am
flash--ypou have a haunted van

flashgordon_nz, Dec 15, 10:00am
kaz. i may have made it blush, or de-haunted it with the verbal i gave it this morning. LOL.
Raining (as usual) this morning. I was running late to get to work.
Rocked out the back door about 5.50am, to see the dim faded look in the headlights of the f100.
Yep, the missus had left the lights on. the swearing started.
No problem thou - I had better jump start it off the van so she has a vehicle going for school, then to join me at work.
Thats when i jumped in the van and heard the fan going, with no keys. So that got a good swearing at also! So had to open the workshop, get the rally car down, and out, jump start the van (drove it to work to charge it up), thought bugga the f100. left the rally car in the drive. kept swearing at them both. it was about 20 past 6 at this stage.
She texts me with the "how am i going to get the child to school, then get to work!" use the bloody rally car was the reply. LOL

sr2, Dec 15, 8:45pm
It shouldn??

modie61, Dec 15, 9:47pm
Honda Oddity have a similar problem,on them its the a/c relay sticking.

flashgordon_nz, Dec 16, 9:08am
LOL. no air-con! Yep, its the heater fan. Maybe stray voltage out of the ignition im thinking!

jmma, Dec 16, 9:19am
More likely fuse box area I would have thought, Have you just installed anything!

curlcrown, Dec 16, 9:21am
Seariously don't leave the fan on speed one. Not realy a big problem is it!

pierced1, Dec 16, 9:32am
Flash - we have the same issue with one of our Hiaces(cept our vans are white). I put it down to the Tech who drives it, being slack arse and making up stories when the battery goes flat. He has mentioned about the fan switch being on though. maybe next week ill pull the dash to bits and investigate further.

sr2, Dec 16, 7:38pm
LOL, the lack of aircon eliminates that possibility! I??

ozz1, Dec 17, 2:31am
heater fan relayorburnt fuse box by lh foot.