Wich petrol to use for a yamy fj 1200 1986.

theguitarmaster, Jan 2, 8:42am
thanks for the adviceTMpeople , i was concerned that 91 might not protect mymotor as well

richynuts, Jan 2, 10:43pm
hi zane I told you when you bought the bike off me DO NOT TO USE 91!

sabbath-black, Jan 3, 3:27am
.may be the worlds most powerfull production bikes, but that bus thing you ride still has tiny power as far as engines go.

gunhand, Jan 3, 3:37am
Yes compared to a 1000hp veyron it is tiny power for sure. Even a VT VX VEHSV and some standard road cars and Fords FPVs make way more power, in fact some camrys might as well.
Im missing your point though!

theguitarmaster, Jan 3, 7:21am
but i 4gotlol i was to exited about the new wheels ! .was gonna email u bout it , and some parts etc.have been using 96 ( so it was probably rattling around in my subconscious ) but was thinkingof switch to 91.but yup will stick with 96/premium blends etc

sabbath-black, Jan 3, 10:03pm
.didnt see the relevance in mentioning they the worlds most powerfull production bikes.most taxis make more power.

gunhand, Jan 4, 12:20am
OH I get you now.Due to the power of many bikes you ( i never did) wouldnt really notice a 2 HP gain runing on different fuel I wouldnt think. It may show up on a dyno or something though. If you were driving/riding a 10HP vehicle Im sure a 2HP gain would feel huge.And Im sorry if mentioning that having owned 2 of the worlds most powerfull production bikes has somehow annoyed you. Its a fact I cant change.
And I dont think you will find many Taxis able to do up to 300kph plus and 0 to 200kph in 10 secs. Not that has or ever will the reason I owned them.

sabbath-black, Jan 4, 12:35am
.who said a taxi could do that!.

gunhand, Jan 4, 12:49am
No one Im awhere of but you said a taxi makes more power as did I say a camry may well do. But a more powerfull taxi still isnt in the same leauge as a bike and maybe that taxi will notice a change on 91. Im still not seeing why your bothered with my statement though.

sabbath-black, Jan 4, 12:54am
.not bothered.just noticed you need to mention you have the worlds most powerfull bike, and how fast it is(in a straight line)

gunhand, Jan 4, 1:03am
I did indeed. yep pretty quick in a straight line but bikes like that wernt built for tight twistys and would be cleaned up by a bike much much smaller and nimbler or ones made to corner like GSXR1000s, ZX10s, R1s1098, 1198s, Aprillias and so on. Built for high speed, ummm touring and sweepers which they were very capable of. The releavance is kinda lost here in NZ though with our 100kph limits.
But we are getting off what fuel to run.
You wanna talk bikes, cool, Ill talk all day with ya. You ride!

sabbath-black, Jan 4, 1:11am
.time for a beer, have an rsvr an a v-rod.i always thought busa an zx14 owners were a little crazy.ive seen "that look" when someone gets off one.needs must when the devil rides.have a good one

gunhand, Jan 4, 1:53am
I know what you mean, I dont fall into that catagory anymore LOL. Ive seen what some owners of these bikes can be like and some are abit deranged for sure and only have them for bragging rights full of wild stories of htere 300kph antics, ive even had guys ay 340kph. Bit like fishing sometimes and how the fish just gets a little bigger each time.

theguitarmaster, Dec 21, 11:24pm
premium i would have thought

kazbanz, Dec 21, 11:50pm
96 octane or 98 octane. Itll pink on 91

granada, Dec 22, 1:00am
No its a blue one not a pink one.
I always use98 in my bike, or buy 96 when 98 is unavailable.

m16d, Dec 22, 2:00am
Dont use 91. Thats only for motormowers and people that can't hear their cars pinging.

therafter1, Dec 22, 6:52am

gunhand, Dec 22, 7:29am
Had a mate with an old FJ, Ran 91 in it no worries at all.
Mates 07 bandit 91, now has a 08 CB 1300 also 91 no worries,
Another mate, SV 1000, 91 no worries.
All my bikes also ran on 91 with no issue, tried 98 but seemed piontless as there was no noticable difference.
Older CBR1000 another Mate, 91 also.
None of us got stranded anywhere and nobodies bike exploded "ever".
And how come you lot have 3 choices!

kazbanz, Dec 22, 8:14pm
GH --you diddn't notice the bike seemed flat on acceleration and there was a bit of a rattle as you loaded it up power wise!
Myself I can honestly say with the OLDER bikes like xj/fj gsx -80/s to mid 90's bikes they run cleaner andactually cost less to run than on 91.
I don't bother so much with newer FI bikes because they seem to be able to adjust themselves to suit.
You are right -Heck running on 91 aint gonna blow them up. But they run better on 98 for certain

gunhand, Dec 23, 5:36am
Honestly I couldnt tell the difference.Maybe being 2 of the worlds most powerfull production bikes ive owned a couple of HP gain just isnt that noticeable, and yea I guess engine management systems sort things out. If i could see an advantage I would use 98 or was a must for the vehicle.