Change of car ownership papers question

rotormotor7, Dec 23, 10:05pm
recently sold a car on here,deposit has been paid have asked for him to change over the papers show me reciept and then he can make full payment and can load onto a transporter (heading north) after wednesday.

have had daily ph and email contact originally but last couple days nothing despite me emailing him.

I have back up offers one is local and can pick up.

so if i hear nothing,can my back up owner change over into his name no sweat to be new owner (whether original buyer has or hasn't) and i refund back deposit (if i get hold of him).

i think they were going to tighten up the rules on this as anyone can change papers on anyhing.

cheers

bitsy_boffin, Dec 23, 10:14pm
Anybody can change any vehicle into their name.

But you backing out now would be poor form IMHO, at least try to get the guy on the phone, it's a pretty busy time of year for people.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 23, 10:30pm
Registered ownership is not legal title. It even says so on the certificate of registration.

If you can't get hold of him by phone go with someone else.

rotormotor7, Dec 23, 10:46pm
problem is all his calls to me were unlisted "private" on my cell phone i only have his email.

not backing out one bit, I had a gentlemans agreement and deposit has been paid, I need this car gone (he well aware of this) so weighing up my options after Xmas.

I have someone who has the folding $$ in same city as me same amount ready for pick up yesterday.

so possession is 9 tenths of the law still then.

nothing to stop original fulla repeatly changing it over I suppose as guessing my MR13A form with backup buyer name on it (if it comes to it)doesn't mean much,only that any fines etc not mine irrespective of whose nameis on the papers.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 23, 11:05pm
If anyone wants to change registered ownership of any of my vehicles to their name, they're welcome to.