2003 Honda Accord speakers question

momo21, Dec 30, 10:14pm
I'm hoping somebody can save me the hassle of removing my read door panels! I recently acquired a fresh import and there are speakers in the front doors and on the rear shelf. In the rear doors however there are speaker grills, but no speakers inside (from putting your ear up next to them). My dad got me a pair of door speakers for Christmas - I just don't know if there are speaker wires already installed in the door waiting for speakers or if I would have to do the wiring! If i had to wire them in, it would be far too much hassle. I hope someone can tell me if its worth taking the door apart. I have searched google this morning with no answers.

moosie_21, Dec 30, 10:29pm
At a guess I would say there aren't any from working on my Celica over the years. The cut-outs and such may be there, but the wires to connect the parts that are meant to be there have never been. Easy enough to upgrade the parcel ones if you're so inclined!

BTW, watch out for Scotty_2001, no doubt he'll be along soon to say your car is inferior and that you should be an awesome V6 auto holden (even though it has nothing to do with this thread, he absolutely hates Accords and will lock onto the title of the thread like a homing missile. Just warning you ahead of time.)

jasongroves, Dec 30, 10:35pm
Personally, I would be upgrading the front speakers.that is where you spend most of your time;)
Then, if you really wanted, you could put the old front speakers in the rear doors.

trdbzr, Dec 30, 10:39pm
Your front speakers do majority of the playing, the rear speakers are just for 'fill'. Best to upgrade front speakers and just run factory/upgrade rear speakers but don't go overkill on the rears. Something basic will be sweet. As for the rear speakers, they could just be disconnected ie compliance guys didn't install it back properly etc. Best to open it up and check.

utwo, Dec 30, 11:09pm
Is it a Honda Accord Euro! I think the sedan and wagon use the same rear door panels, but only the wagon actually has the speakers in the rear door (the sedan has them in the parcel tray). Sorry, don't know if the wiring harness is there or not.

johnf_456, Dec 30, 11:17pm
Haha so true