Hypothetical price question.

ola_bitchola1, Feb 19, 1:24am
when i worked at a gas station we had to have the price change done first outside then we could change the pump price and do one could be filling when we did so

pge, Feb 19, 1:24am
"Invitation to treat"
means, they are suggesting that you contract to purchase their product or service, and THEY invite YOU to offer a certain amount for that product or service (by posting a set-price for the transaction).
The contract only kicks-in when you walk up to the till, and proffer the money.

Under normal retailing circumstances, the goods/service are paid-for before supply, whereas, with fuel purchases, you obtain the goods, then pay.

YOU are offering a certain amount, and the seller may, or may not, accept your offer.

Generally, they will only accept the higher amount.

kevin_the_kiwi, Feb 19, 1:25am
False add-ver-tie-zing

1grasshopper, Feb 19, 7:18am
what annoys me is the shell petrol stations that have there signs saying the price with the discount voucher (which I don't notice until I was filling up)

bitsy_boffin, Feb 20, 12:39am
A year or two ago I recall an instance where a pump was mis-priced and a large number of people too advantage of the fact (must have been a pay at pump or something).I think it was in Nelson, Motueka, somewhere around there.

As I recall, the servo got a lot of the "underpayment" back after chasing the customers, something about taking advantage of a deliberate mistake.

Not entirely relevant. but food for thought.

alexsmelex18, Feb 20, 9:00am
I was thinking this exact thing yesterday! This is a very interesting question.

foxdonut, May 9, 5:00pm
Meh, screw it - where can I get gas for a buck fifty!