Tyre question. I have 2002 vx commodore went in to mag and turbo today for a wheel alignment the sides of the tyres were a bit w

redslapper, Mar 2, 8:43am
I have 2002 Vx commodore, went in to mag and turbo today for a wheel alignment, the sides of the tyres were a bit worn down alot, they said it was because it was a firestone tyre, they apparently do that.They also said i should be running them on 40 psi instead od 32 psi, is this correct to slow down the wear and is it even safe. I know being on a farm if we pump our tyres on our bikes we slip around on the mud, is this the same with the road! Any sergestions and answers please guys.

im_andrew, Mar 2, 8:47am
Depends what size tires they are

vr4_legnum, Mar 2, 8:51am
any tyres will wear on the side if you dont have the right psi in them. run at least 36psi to 38psi. run 36psi if it on 15" or 16" wheels or run 38psi if on 17" or 18" mags.

vr4_legnum, Mar 2, 8:55am
also having more psi in the tyres like 38psi, tyres will wear better but ride abit harder then say if the tyres was at 32psi but is more then safe. all the holdens we have come in to work with 17" or 18" mags we always put 38psi in them and they have had alot better wear out of the tyres

redslapper, Mar 2, 8:57am
they are 15" tyres, will look into getting 17's when they are worn.

zephyrheaven, Mar 2, 8:58am
Love how they bag firestone tyres on Commotaxis - um Tonys is owned by Firestoned & good luck getting a correction instead of an inspection there anyway

vr4_legnum, Mar 2, 9:04am
hahaha he said he went to mag and turbo not tonys.

johnf_456, Jun 7, 11:47am
re read, he went to mag and turbo.