PETROL PRICES!

Page 1 / 2
lazz323, Mar 5, 5:18am
95RON (rated octane number!) IS SO EXPENSIVE THESE DAYS! why cant we be like aus with our petrol prices haha ARE PRICES ever going to drop !°¿¿!

gilligan2, Mar 5, 5:21am
Ive started using diesel in my 4afe powered toyota corolla. its alot cheaper and seems to work just as well if not better than 91 ron.

lazz323, Mar 5, 5:23am
so the process of getting petrol converted ! hmm seems too much of a hassle might just stick to expensive 95ron lols :D

johnf_456, Mar 5, 5:36am
Get use to it, not a lot you can do about it. I don't mind less cars on the road, less idiots in v8's (the ones that give them all a bad name, the un patient sort). Nothing to complain about when I get home from work faster.

directorylist, Mar 5, 5:45am
Try living in Europe.

jsbike, Mar 5, 5:46am
Care to place a bet on that!

moosie_21, Mar 5, 5:50am
lol, everyone says that without any idea of what drives this market. As soon as Northern Hemisphere winter ends, the US dollar gets back on track and this trouble in the Middle East end, effectively destroying the speculation that has driven it this high, it will settle back to around where it was 6 months ago. Take your $3/litre scaremongering and put it you know where!

Oh, and btw.

http://humour.200ok.com.au/image_nicebigcup.html

gilligan2, Mar 5, 5:52am
I didnt convert anything. Just chuck diesel in the tank and go. Figured it wouldnt hurt to try.

wrong2, Mar 5, 5:53am
back a whiles this talking head on the yank news was expecting petrol to get to $5 gallon by 2012

he was an ex Shell ceo & if the conversion was just a straight one that would mean $3.30 a liter for us here

moosie_21, Mar 5, 5:55am
Again, you have no idea what drives the market!

Do you believe everyhting they spout out on American media, especially from an oil giants CEO! He profits if everyone freaks out listening to him!

moosie_21, Mar 5, 6:07am
Yeah, wrong math. I paid $2.18 for 95 today, hurt. Still isn't as bad as the $2.25 I used to pay for a few weeks during 2008 though!

a18a, Mar 5, 6:28am
Pfft, I just fill up my tank with water and away I go. Car runs better than it did on 98. Water's cheaper too

mottly, Mar 5, 6:29am
wasn't it supposed to be $2.50 for xmas 2008!.scare tactics.

74nova, Mar 5, 7:40am
Bloody Pricks diesel now $1.55.9 and people still go there.

franc123, Mar 5, 7:53am
Supermarket vouchers nicely offset the extra you pay for 95 over 91, USE THEM.pretty simple really.

kathryn154, Mar 5, 9:08pm
moosie_21 wrote:
lol, everyone says that without any idea of what drives this market. As soon as Northern Hemisphere winter ends, the US dollar gets back on track and this trouble in the Middle East end, effectively destroying the speculation that has driven it this high, it will settle back to around where it was 6 months ago.
/quote]

sorry but its due to global supply not meeting demand -- peak oil in action.The things you mention are on the fringe, and ignore the fundamentals. World oil production has been flat since 2005 in spite of record high prices.

http://oilshockhorrorprobe.blogspot.com/2010/11/nz-will-live-with-less-oil-its-official.html

ct9a, Mar 5, 9:09pm
wouldnt it be great if car's would run on coca cola!

rovercitroen, Mar 5, 9:13pm
Oil up again overnight in US, our dollar down a bit more. Expect another petrol price increase this week.

shuddupowh, Mar 5, 9:16pm
Yeah then the price of coke would go up - but coka aint cheap anyway

pnh4, Mar 5, 9:16pm
No! coz' have you heard what that shit does to your stomach, let-alone an engine he he, sides car wont stop burbing.

elect70, Mar 5, 9:42pm
Its the speculators that cause most significant risespure greed Bush was going to removeoilfutures from the market to stop the profiteering but gotnow O Bama is inno talk of it ,guess the money men have him under control ., & soon the prices will be up in the statosphere .

wrong2, Mar 5, 9:46pm
speculation drives the market

he was described as an EX ceo , & it was his opinion he was giving

my guess was that it was a propaganda piece we will increasinly hear to soften us up . just like this thread

sfw4, Mar 5, 9:49pm
Simply buy less.
that is the only language the Oil Cartel undertsand. People stop buying then Cartel start choking on their supplys, Oil Tankers anchored just off the Coast idling doing nothing will cost them dearly. they'll start lowering the price ;)
Inside info.

tarant, Mar 5, 10:03pm
the money men do have him under control

Inside Job

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=X2DRm5ES-uA

tarant, Mar 5, 10:40pm
na just greed