Motorvehicle insurance claim question.

Page 1 / 2
johnf_456, Mar 11, 3:09am
Aren't you suppose to be the expect on law advice biker!

_peas, Mar 11, 3:15am
Yes.Thats why you have insurance isn't it!You are claiming on your policy so you pay your policies excess.It isn't fair but thats how it works.you could go after them in small claims.Yet another case for compulsory 3rd party.

grangies, Mar 11, 3:16am
I guess it all depends on your individual insurance policy.

grangies, Mar 11, 3:17am

ralphdog1, Mar 11, 3:18am
Like most I have not read my policy that closely, however if the accident is clearly not your fault AND you can provide the identity of the at fault person to your insurance company isn't normal for you not to have to pay your excess.hmmm or is that only the case if they cough!
Stuffed if I am sure now.

johnf_456, Mar 11, 3:30am
Well insurance then normally you give people advice not the other way around. Lol

_peas, Mar 11, 3:31am
I stand corrected.

mrfxit, Mar 11, 4:07am
This is how it works with most car insurences

IF you can identify the "at fault" person (other party) & they accept liability, then you will be paid out in full for repairs or car (whichever it is)

If the "at fault" person won't accept liability, then insurence pays out less excess, but will act with you in a small claims to recover the excess from the liable party.
Sometimes they will act fully on your behalf with out any input from you & pay out the excess separately

johnf_456, Mar 11, 4:13am
Im not dumb I have many qualifications through hard work. A mis undetstanding. I could say you are dumb at times for the crap you post I dont.Im just surprised mr so called king expert asks others on an issue, when he knows it normally. So no need for rhe personal remarks.

mrfxit, Mar 11, 4:17am
To answer this perticuler question correctly, Please refer to my msg above.

Been there done that.

bjmh, Mar 11, 4:22am
biker 69 is right,read your policy ,a recent T.V item showed a guy who tried to ford a river with a 4.w.d Prado .he drowned it,his insurance company rejected his claim .in hispolicy it stated that the vehicle was not insured on unformed roads.all you Jaffas who take your trendy S.U.Vout on the mates farm to collect firewood.take note.

johnf_456, Mar 11, 4:22am
It was a question

johnf_456, Mar 11, 4:25am
One letter and im typing on a cell ph, stop being pendantic.

lookoutas, Mar 11, 4:56am
The answer is "NO"

sw20, Mar 11, 6:02am
I've just read my insurance policy and theres a few snags in there that would piss me off.

I have a French car. One of the points it makes is that AMI will not pay to airfreight parts from overseas. Awesome. If some c@ck$moker crashes into me and Renault NZ don't have the parts (which is more than likely) I'll have a 6-8 week seafreight wait for my car to be on the road.

sw20, Mar 11, 6:10am
Mind you, with the way Renault charge for some parts they would probably write it off for the cost of a bumper and a couple of headlights.

lookoutas, Mar 11, 6:11am
Which means you should pay a higher premium if you want air freight. And your parts will be dearer, so you should pay an even higher premium.

lookoutas, Mar 11, 6:14am
That's exactly what happens, hence you should be paying a higher premium because of that fact.

lookoutas, Mar 11, 6:16am
The OP left no assumptions, so the answer is NO. Spoze he didn't say they had admitted fault - just couldn't pay. Which is admitting fault.

purple666, Mar 11, 6:47am
Insurance!
Now why would you want to bet that you will have an accident!

sw20, Mar 11, 6:53am
Don't worry I'm 31 with my last claim 12 years ago, and the Clio costs me twice as much as my 12 second MR2 turbo did in premiums, with me picking a higher excess to keep the premium down.

mrfxit, Mar 11, 7:39am
DUH . been there done that . WITH state.

neville48, Mar 11, 8:53am
yea biker,you are being pendantic about the queation, just ansa it withowt awl the sarkasem ha ha,.

smac, Mar 11, 7:47pm
This thread is hilarious.it wasn't really about anything, there was no real question or issue, and y'all still managed to turn it into a poo flinging contest.

mrfxit, Mar 11, 7:53pm
LOL yep.
Thats because theres a HUGE difference between Ideal paper work & cleaning up the cr*p in the real world.
The ideal paper work "should" be fine, but sometimes the poo is too widely spread