Ld 28 question

robotix1970, Jan 21, 8:30am
I have got an ld28 engine that dies when I disconnect the battery and do not know where to get another alternator from in chch. any ideas please.

a.woodrow, Jan 21, 8:36am
lots of engines die when you disconnect the battery. have you tested the output of the alternator! how do you know it is faulty

intrade, Jan 21, 8:36am
yea is it manual or automatic!

robotix1970, Jan 21, 9:52am
its a 5speed manual.

robotix1970, Jan 21, 10:00am
the battery is brand new and not all petrol and deisel engines stop if you remove the battery

budgel, Jan 21, 11:08pm
x1
Does the injector pump have a 'power on' solenoid!

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 11:11pm
Well, if it doesn't die with battery in, why disconnect it!

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 11:13pm
You take your alternator out (if it is faulty), take it to the auto sparky for reconditioning. Or, just buy a new one.

rocky0169, Jan 21, 11:13pm
electric solenoid on the injector pump shut off,,( i think! allso electric fuel pump as well,may have charging issue. had simaler problem few years back with my laural. RD 28

a.woodrow, Jan 22, 12:15am
Yep that's why i said "lots of" and not all of.

Again though, have you tested the alternator! Is the battery going flat! I don't know anyone who checks an alternator by disconnecting battery and seeing if the engine stops

intrade, Jan 22, 6:03am
removing the battery while it runs can actuarly damage the alternator regulator maybe that how you rooted your alternator! or welding with battery attached is another methode to root a laternator.