Where to buy head gasket for Honda CRV

catcufflings, Jan 24, 11:05pm
i rang repco they have them for that model $209. it's just getting it in there is the major problem. i dunno. i am having troubles with my CRV as well. mechanic quoted me around $1000-1500 to replace. hardly seems worth it.

im all up for trying other methods. or just running it to the ground.

richardmayes, Jan 24, 11:15pm
STAY AWAY from dodgy sealants.

A new head gasket in a good engine should work WITHOUT the need for any additional, unnatural sealants.

If a new head gasket is put in and it blows again, then that means the REAL problem (that caused the original gasket to blow in the first place) has not yet been identified and corrected. If the head is warped (due to overheating) for example, no amount of new gaskets and sealant is ever going to work.

The key is to make sure you/your mechanic figure out why the first gasket blew, and put right any faults or damage, BEFORE you put the head back on the engine with a new head gasket.

a.woodrow, Jan 24, 11:15pm
Running it into the ground with a blown headgasket will equal about half an hours running or so. If you really don't want to spend to fix, go to supercheap/repco and get a bottle of liquid copper to put in or similar - might patch it up for a while.

henderson_guy, Jan 24, 11:21pm
Tried getting an OEM gasket from Honda!

curlcrown, Jan 25, 1:51am
"dodgy sealants" do have their place. If it is not economical to spend the money replaceing the head gasket as if often the case with older cars of little value, an additive can extend the useable life of the car by quite some time. As long as the coolant level is checked frequently a car with a blown head gasket can often be driven for many months with an additive. So although they are not as good as a propper fix they do have a use.

scotty20001, Jan 25, 2:38am
it will blow again because it is a steaming pile of junk.

shane.64, Jan 25, 5:29am
Super cheap is cheaper then repco and they are only middle men same gasket

jmma, Jan 25, 5:38am
Stirring again, just leave it alone man.

mk3zephyr, Jan 25, 5:43am
give sta parts a call and beat the middleman, more than likely get it at trade price as well

cibyl1, Aug 18, 8:48am
does anyone know a spare parts dealer who would have a head gasket (set) for a Honda CRV automatic 1996, 1972 CC!
Is there any other way of fixing a blown gasket apart from replacing! I saw some sealant (steel seal) available in the States but I can't find it here

twink19, Aug 18, 8:53am
it has blown for a reason. repco. STA parts, BNT all sell gaskey sets

johnf_456, Aug 18, 9:16am
Talking to scotty20001

ralphdog1, Aug 18, 9:24am
Meaning!

jono2912, Aug 19, 4:09am
Errr, take it to a mechanic.

johnf_456, Aug 19, 4:14am
It was a joke he hates them.

antwerp87, Aug 19, 9:35am
BNT will stock the kit. Pretty easy to do too. heaps of room under those bonnets.
PS. Im Back from honeymoon

bigracket, Sep 30, 1:15pm
He really got to you didn't he John!