Mechanics - question please

melford, Jun 26, 6:56am
What makes of 4 door small cars are the most economical to run! What is the Mazda Lantis 1996 like for economy!

jason18, Jun 26, 7:03am
Lantis.stay away. Thats the v6 model isnt it! Nissan primera p11 is a cheap run about

grangies, Jun 26, 7:08am
EVO 10.

melford, Jun 26, 7:11am
no not v6 model lantis

jgoater, Jun 26, 7:12am
Nothing wrong with the 4 cylinder 1800cc lantis.
I agree however, stay away from the 2000cc V6 model.
Just make sure the cambelt has been done.

melford, Jun 26, 7:20am
have got the mazda 1800cc lantis, very pleased with it, not sure if it is economical though. Now want an economical car approx $2,000 for son. What do you suggest!

melford, Jun 26, 7:35am
need more opinions please

mugenb20b, Jun 26, 7:36am
So, you want to sell the Lantis to buy a more economical car for $2000. Is that right!

melford, Jun 26, 8:33am
no don't want to sell the Lantis, want to know if it is economical to run, haven't had it long enough to check and don't do a big mileage in it. Want another car for my son approximately $2000 - cheap runabout to travel from rural area to town, his four wheel drive is too expensive - was wondering about getting another mazda lantis for him

jimdaddy, Jun 26, 12:28pm
1990-1992 mazda familia, any variant, cant go wrong

lugee, Jun 26, 1:05pm
You aren't really going to do much better than what you've got in that price range. Unless you dropped down to a two door.

intrade, Jun 26, 8:20pm
you have to consider all over cost also . and cars with M are either piles of crap or cost a fortune to repair or are constantly braking. mazda are notoriously expensive for parts and parts no longer existing or not fitting the same year car from another.

intrade, Jun 26, 8:21pm
these mazda are ok but parts will be now also almost non existing new. toyota are way better and cheaper on parts. like i got brand new coolant hoses years ago from toyota agent for my 1985 carina still about 3 year ago. this wont be the case for any mazda and the toyota hose is 26$ plus gst. if mazda has one it be 280$ ex japan 14 day to wait.

hrt, Jun 27, 12:32am
Tui ad much!

In saying that, look for a cheap Corolla if you can find one. The Familia might be a better option than a Lantis. Or a Pulsar even. I wouldn't call a Primera cheap to run really

clark20, Jun 27, 12:55am
I would look at Honda Civics

nz2293, Jun 27, 1:04am
then point and laugh

valleystream, Jun 27, 1:06am

ceebee2, Aug 2, 12:41pm
I recommend the Nissans (Pulsar, Sunny,)as they are all chain drives and very economical. Stay well clear of the Mazda Lantis as they have a definite problem with the auto clapping out and the V6 one with head gaskets. Try finding a S/H one let alone a good one.