2007 1.5 mazda 2 demio, auto.pros and cons please

xr6turbo2, Jun 20, 7:04am
Hi thinking of buying a 2007 mazda 2 demio,auto.If any one owns one i would like feed back on pros and cons.
Cheers Al

thejazzpianoma, Jun 20, 7:38am
I will throw in a comment to keep this bumped for you.
Pretty much you are paying MK5 VW Golf money for one of those. No question which I would go for, the Golf is a LOT more car.
4 Speed auto vs 6 Speed DSG in a small car, no contest there for starters.

mugenb20b, Jun 20, 8:49am
They have a bigger boot than a Golf.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 20, 8:49pm
Clutching at straws!
Especially as that's grossly incorrect, the Golf has a significantly larger boot. The new shape Demio has a 250 Liter boot and the Golf about 350 last time I checked.

mugenb20b, Jun 21, 12:25am
Golfs have deadlocks. Husband, wife and kids go for a drive. Husband gets out of the car for 5 minutes in the middle of summer (windows closed), and as he walks away with proximity keys, the car locks itself. Wife and kids can't open windows, can't unlock doors should they need to. Dangerous in my opinion. I'll have a primitive Demio, thanks.

trouser, Jun 21, 7:05am
Don't walk away with the keys then. Weird reason for rejecting a car.

mugenb20b, Jun 21, 7:06am
It's happened before.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 21, 10:42am
Why are you just making random stuff up mugenb20b!
You clearly have not even driven a Golf so why bother commenting, you are only making yourself look even more stupid.

For the record the Golf does have deadlocks, which are a fantastic idea from a theft perspective. However they do not work as described by mugenb20b at all.

You have to physically and intentionally engage them from the key fob. So there is no accidentally wandering off leaving people trapped in the car.

It is a well designed system where you can also choose to lock the car but not dead lock it should you want to say lock a passenger in at night in a dodgy area but still allow them to escape by pulling the door handle.

Well designed dead lock features like that ensure that your insurance premiums stay low and your car and belongings stay safe.

Incidentally, from memory the new shape Mazda Demio as is being considered here has deadlocks as well anyway which makes your statement even more pointless.

cjohnw, Jun 21, 10:46am
Exactly the reason why Holden dropped the deadlock option in the new VE Commodore.

cjohnw, Jul 10, 5:42pm
Nope. And i have a ve.