Mazda Tribute 3.0 lt

littleflik, Jun 20, 8:07am
Love my wagon. If anyone has one or even someone that doesnt. could they tell me if there is anything such as a built in safety feature to stop over revving.This is what happens. Vehicle stationary, put foot on accelerator and at 4000rpm engine starts to misfire. Drive vehicle in 1st gear auto, vehicle misfires at 6500rpm. There is no red line on Tach. It has been suggested there is nothing wrong just a built in safety feature. Vehicle performs 100% when driven normally, and Im quite an aggressive driver, not aggressive in manner but when I overtake I get the job done, if you know what I mean.

xr6turbo2, Jun 20, 8:10am
Its a rev limiter to protect the engine,all is normal.

grangies, Jun 20, 9:00am
Lucky you LOL.

I was just about to correct you, until I scrolled down to your next post.

littleflik, Jun 20, 9:05am
Melissa. Friend of mine has an Exploder and lives in Thames. Ooops I mean Explorer

thejazzpianoma, Jun 20, 9:48am
Its probably just running out of fuel, also a known feature of the Tribute.

grangies, Jun 20, 9:56am
The naughty Mazda Tribute needs to grow up and become a Brabus tuned Mercedes Viano 9 seater, with a 300kw engine. hehehe.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 20, 9:59am
Likely see an improvement in economy too.

charlie, Oct 8, 12:32am
Haha, love your comment about getting the job done when passing. Watched you dither about in the passing lane last week up the coast and that was far from aggressive driving. Your mothers more aggressive than that!!