Supercheap auto.

gunhand, Jun 5, 5:26am
Well Im not one to complain about these sort of stores but went in to one today and tried to buy an air cut off tool.Sorry sold out and not getting anymore anytime soon.
I asked what other stores have them, No sorry can not tell that but go online and find out.Well I know the oppostion certainly have a the ability to tell you what stock is available nationwide and get the item down for sale price. So, I went online and couldnt find who had them as I have family in the major towns and cities in South Island. Rang a few shops and they also sold out. Why have a bloody special if you run out in 2 days in most stores! Poor stock management or they just dont want to sell to many that cheap. Was a saving of $26.

jason_247, Jun 5, 7:47am
depends who you get on the front counter i guess, hard to find good help sometimes.
supercheap can quite easily look up stock at other stores, transfer stock (though can take up to a week) or can sometimes offer rainchecks
I will have a look tomorrow morning at what stock they have at other south island stores and let you know on here.

zephyrheaven, Jun 5, 7:50am
this happened to me when they (IMHO cocked up the price on) had $140 digital inspection cameras = very very unhelpful/ all sold out no more coming blah blah so I got online & rang the closest & probably quieter than Chch branch Asburton who had 2 left - I gave them a credit card # & said charge it / courier it - was there next day all sorted

If you dont get satisfaction - ring around, the smaller area's will have what you want

gunhand, Jun 5, 7:57am
I rang Dunedin then timaru and they all sold out and also told me to go online and see who had them but that didnt help. Have a friend coming back from chch tuesday so im ringing Ricerton and Ashburton to see what they say.
Nope, no offer of getting one or rain check. And I asssume papanui is a busted store at mo.
Oh and thanks for that offer., I know Repco could view all stores product at a click of a mouseas I worked there for a while.

hijacka, Jun 5, 8:09am
Woolston is busted, papanui is fine. they can check stock in all stores nz wide.

franc123, Jun 5, 8:12am
Yes thats often the case, IMO the Vegas store is the best in Canterbury, always seems to be the best stocked one for some reason.

tnt423, Jun 5, 8:13am
No the Papanui one is fine.

franc123, Jun 5, 8:16am
remember much of this stuff they are getting rid of cheap (too cheap!) are discontinued lines or their changing suppliers etc, goes on all the time.I see Repco are now getting into their own brand of air tools to complement their hand tools, although whose product they are slapping their logo on I don't know.

richms, Jun 5, 8:19am
own brand means no worries with their best price policys, and they are sure to have the others on the shelf slightly under any sale price elsewhere long before it goes on sale at the other place.

gunhand, Jun 5, 8:22am
Its not the first sale they have had on these but they dont come up on sale very often. I could get same thing online for $10 more but at least with buying from a store I have place to go back to if needed. and I happened to be in invers today so went to get one. Sales only been going couple of days. Its there own brand item.

hijacka, Jun 5, 8:24am
Have you not seen there new Riccarton store on blenhiem rd yet! far better than ashburton.

franc123, Jun 5, 8:24am
Yes, I've also been told on at least one occasion by SCA that my favourite car polish, a Series 500 one, was NLA because it was a "slow mover"Peed me right off because IMO it was good stuff at a good price, no doubt this didn't please CRC who seem hell bent on total market domination with the, again IMO, inferior Kitten and Repo brands of polish.

franc123, Jun 5, 8:27am
Yeah I have, go there quite regularly, I still prefer Ashburton but Riccarton is closer, I will drop in down there if I'm going past.

hijacka, Jun 5, 8:29am
When your in store next have alook at the price ticket, if its got a *** next to it its blocked line, if its got a # its a top seller in austrailia, if its @ its top seller in new zealand, if its got a green circle sticker its a good gross profit item so staff will try and push those products.

hijacka, Jun 5, 8:30am
Hang on the # and @ might be the otherway round lol.

hijacka, Jun 5, 8:36am
Yeah got one of those, very handy thing to have thou my compressor struggles to keep up with it, thou if i fixed the airleaks i prob won't have that problem lol. I got it bout 4years ago and still going strong.

gunhand, Jun 5, 8:42am
Im using a 4inch grinder at mo with cut off wheels but chews through them a bit quick. Have used these many time in the past and good tool for cutting bits out.

hijacka, Jun 5, 8:57am
Diffenatley!, Goodluck with your search for 1. If your shopping at riccarton ask for francis or sean, if your shopping at papanui ask for nick or cory be your best bet.

hijacka, Jun 5, 9:08am
Heres a supercheap shopping tip! look for items of interest with the *** on the price ticket and get a price check because sometimes (or more like 50% of the time) the ticket hasn't been changed for awhile and the price will have come down considerably as discontinued lines do.

lemonade, Jun 6, 4:11am
Go to a specialst supplier like Petroject 09 448 1071 they know their stuff, Get great prices, genuine parts and delivered next day. I Cannot complain about 'em

gunhand, Jun 6, 4:19am
Well I got the phone this morning and rang Papanui branch, na sold out, rang Ricerton, Na sold out. So I asked this guy if he could tell what stores had them. He said, yep no prob, Two minutes later he found two in Asburton. I told I had asked other stores to find stock and that they said they couldnt or to go online, which dosnt tell you anyway as far as I can see.
So well done Dan at Ricerton Store for being the only helpfull one.
I could have had the info at the first store if they wernt so slack. Even if they didnt know how to perform a stock check they could of asked.

pollymay, May 13, 11:14am
It was a stocktake sale so they are dumping tonnes of stock, I think I said a bit back this was coming and loads of old crap was going to be flogged off. I basically haggle with them over stupid stuff then don't buy it cause it's still too much, they hate me at the local store