Oil question + engine problem? SOLUTIONS? =/

lazz323, Jun 1, 6:39am
my brothersb18cr powered eg civic. only done 122,xxx on engine what kinda of oil! SAE 5w-30! or 10w-30! 10w-40!.me and my brother have recently done a throttle body clean using, carby/tbodie cleaner and now sometime his car idles funny, reving up and down between 1500rpm to 1800rpm constantly. After ilding for awhile it stops, but yeah sometimes comes back everynow and then

phillip.weston, Jun 1, 6:55am
either 5W30, 10W30, 5W40 or 10W40 will be fine. I bet the coolant level is low, it's a common thing for Hondas to have a fluctuating idle as he temp sensor gets partially covered with coolant.

toxicgreen., Jun 1, 7:18am
HARD case,,LoL I seen big lights with the quote to.

ginga4lyfe, Jun 1, 7:30am
Did you disconnect the battery! I had a similar problem after disconnecting my battery on my integra, though, its more than likley you accidently put a vacuum hose on the wrong pipe or missed putting one on, OR there is a slpit in a vacuum line,, or the gasket is naffed and it needs to be replaced, Or the throttle body inst tightened down right, . DAMN IT I want another DA1 integra quint-GSI

lazz323, Apr 30, 9:49am
nah didnt take battery out just , did the tbodie cleaner . coolant level's are good. and yeah just looking for oil that will protect/perform. :)