Honda Inspire

siobhan41, May 27, 12:16am
Hi all
I'm looking at a Honda Inspire and can't find to much info on them.
Any major things to be worried about!.
I assume they are just like the Accord V6!.
http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/Pages/Car.aspx!RefId=834272

antwerp87, May 27, 12:24am
*Honda Man Steps In To Save The Day*
Yes. Its a luxury version of the Accord V6. nice car. Make sure all the recalls have been done on them (there was one on the transmission that was out a few years ago for flow and cooling purposes. As long as there done you wont have an issue. Before that they had some real issues with the clutch packs in the trans.)

siobhan41, May 27, 12:36am
How would we check if the recalls have been done!.

antwerp87, May 27, 12:43am
Take it into a Honda workshop and they will be able to tell you in litterally 5 mins. theres a new pipe on the top of the trans that goes into a 21mm bung (usually the filer bung for the trans.)

zak1998, May 27, 1:25am
The vtec v6 engine is very sweet and loves to rev

antwerp87, May 28, 1:45am
Honda would probably be the best. I know we used to charge 50 bucks to do a full look over it. It may have gone down since then.
If all is well and good I'd be happy with 15-17k maybe. I honestly don't know

siobhan41, May 28, 1:48am
15-17k ok that would be well out of budget as I thought it would be 10-11k.

quote=antwerp87]Honda would probably be the best. I know we used to charge 50 bucks to do a full look over it. It may have gone down since then.
If all is well and good I'd be happy with 15-17k maybe. I honestly don't know[/quote

siobhan41, May 28, 1:59am
Thanks for that the white one looks great.
Well looking at those two I guess he wants 12-13k which would get me the Caldina wagon but these look higher speced.

antwerp87, May 28, 2:02am
You may be lucky and pick it up for that sort of price. Id say he/she would be wanting a little more than that. But if there desperate who knows :D

antwerp87, May 28, 2:03am
The fact that there not putting a new WOF on it is one downer. I dont like that. Altho once again if you take it somewhere and get them to do a full inspection then go back there and get one yourself if you get the car shouldnt have an issue (depending on length of time between when you take it there and when/if you buy it)

siobhan41, May 28, 2:08am
Yeah I wouldn't but a car without a brand new warrant even if it is only 2 months old.
Will go check it out but my husband is away so will have to go with my gut feel.

antwerp87, May 28, 2:13am
Honestly go to Honda in Northshore. there awesome group there and will be pretty honest with you. Talk to one of the sales guys and see what they think its worth :D

vtecintegra, May 28, 2:15am
To be quite honest I'd be looking at a higher mileage NZ new car.

You'll miss out on some equipment (if that matters to you) but should be able to save quite a few thousand.

siobhan41, May 28, 2:25am
That's has everything i would need but isn't 170000km;s asking for trouble!.

antwerp87, Apr 10, 9:56am
Man I hate it when they call it an iV-Tec. Its not. lol. Grrrrr!