Who has a Honda Stream 1700cc?

tyler666, May 22, 2:08am
We are a family of four, maybe looking to have another child at some stage. We had taken a Honda Stream for a test drive, it was great, nice to drive and we're guessing they are quite economical.

Our only concern is that it may struggle a little when you have 7 people in them (which for us wouldn't be that often.) They do come in a 2L, but they are hard to come by apparently.

So those of you that do have one, how do you find them!

We'd be using it for just around two and the maybe one big trip a year, do you think the 1700 cc would be ok, or are we best to find a 2L!

Thanks!

thunderbolt, May 22, 2:13am
Can't help you with the stream, but I have a couple of friends with a Toyota wish and they love them.

vtecintegra, May 22, 2:16am
There are plenty of 2l ones on here if you do a search.I think the larger engine is definitely worthwhile

vtecintegra, May 22, 2:21am
Also (not that I think this is a particularly important selling point) the 2l is a K-series engine with a cam chain, the 1.7 is the old D-series design which uses a belt.

george_me25, May 22, 2:42am
Also i believe all the 2L ones are tiptronic, 1.7L are all auto. There are heaps of 2L ones in CHCH

tyler666, May 22, 2:45am
What's tiptronic!

mugenb20b, May 22, 3:21am
It's an automatic with a two stage switch allowing you to change gears manually.

fordcrzy, May 22, 4:27am
even the 2l arent that fast.they rev and rev and rev and sound fast but it's all noise.
and the front seats are like concrete park benches. undoubtedly THE most uncomfortable seats i have ever sat in a car.

rovercitroen, Mar 18, 10:17pm
We were looking at Streams for my wife and quite liked them except, as above, both front and rear seats were very hard.