Is it easy to fit NEW tobwbar to a 2001 crv honda

flagheaven, Apr 27, 10:26am
its NZ new and 4 door.
we can get one sent to us and we fit it !
getting one supplied and fitted locally is in the $700 region BUT can get one delivered here for under $300

please advise. cheers.

henderson_guy, Apr 27, 10:28am
$700 seems a little excessive, most places should be under $500 including a plug.

flagheaven, Apr 27, 10:43am
you aint kidding and it was PLUS GST ! in thames - a rip i think ! and wiring was from $70 to $150 extra ! LOL
i think they think they saw me coming !

i guess fish - mellissa - will know who im talking about as it was thames

anyway , are they easy or hard to fit !

henderson_guy, Apr 27, 10:49am
Myself, since I know nothing about structural fixings on chassis, I wouldn't do it. perhaps it it is simply a bolt up job, but again, I wouldn't do it. I had one fitted to a Corolla, it was $485 all inclusive.Perhaps a trip to Auckland/Hamilton/Tauranga is in order! Book it in, go entertain yourself for an hour or 2, pick it up, done!

flagheaven, Apr 27, 10:53am
yeh ! looking like it . cheers. john

thejazzpianoma, Apr 27, 11:19am
A properly made tow hitch should be quite easy to fit, especially if appropriate bolts, fittings and instructions are supplied.
I havn't fitted/removed many but those I have, have been a piece of cake.

The CRV will be likely a nice one to do too with the car having a bit of ground clearance and all.

rkauto, Apr 27, 7:53pm
Check out who your nearest dealer is on towbar.co.nz.
we do them for $480 fitted so your price is high.

mottly, Apr 28, 5:14am
I put one on my stationwagon - $75 from the wreckers, and 4 bolts.not too hard lol

zirconium, Apr 28, 8:34am
I doubt even Honda would charge you that!

Aker Bilt (sp!) put one on our 4WD Nissan X-trail a year ago for about $500 including wiring. They are in South Auckland somewhere, and are the manufacturers - It had to be properly fitted.

zirconium, Apr 28, 8:38am
Acker Bilt sorry. - All the towbar places suggested we check with them for our (imported) 4WD, as it was likely they would have to get is specially made anyway.

sandypheet, Apr 28, 9:10am
Just had one made and fitted,ball and wiring included and ratings tagged to it,cost $465 at MBY engineering in Rotorua.

sandypheet, Apr 28, 9:16am
Same model as yours flagheaven.

flagheaven, Jan 12, 6:08am
THANK YOU kazbanz as we are getting it supplied , fitted and wired there wednesday and for the sum of $380 and im STOKED !

cheers and i owe you one !
john.