Auto electric question.

chezza25, May 2, 9:12pm
Hello,
I had to re-wire my front right indicator and parklight as due to a small tussle with a concrete pole the indicator was ripped out, taking the bulb and female plug with it. I have a new indicator casing, and female plug, so I attached it and just twisted the 3wires on to where it had originally snapped, and park light and indicator worked fine, but then all of a sudden it stopped working, along with the back indicator and the arrow in the dash.
Any ideas on what has happenned! is it an earthing issue!
Any help greatly appreciated!

intrade, May 2, 9:17pm
you probably blew the fuse with a short from your dodgy repair. twisting wires togather you got to be joking. you have to solder them and use shrink wrap or at least crimp connectors and insulation tape .

chezza25, May 2, 9:23pm
It was just to see if it all hooked up OK at first, dont think its a fuse as its just the right hand side of the car! I think the fuse is for both indicators!

intrade, Jan 6, 9:16pm
no idea have you checked the fuses! if its blowen then a wire has tuched the metal somwhere. otherwise check the bulbs if they are ok still and the contacts corrosion inside the bub holder can also be causeing this .
the 2 wires are plus and minusyou can check with a test light if there still is power test light will blink like bulb . minus is on your car body also unless the car is a old pommy junk. with plus to bodywork. so you always attach the test light to body to check if the positive power to blinker is therethen you have to use the negative and you can go back to the batteries plus to see if negative is also active or broken somwhere.