Who hates auto extend

vag.central, May 2, 2:58am
Watching an auction for a car and went on for an extra 32mins, they should lower it to 30sec

gunhand, May 2, 3:05am
Good for the seller bad for the buyer but yes should be a time limit.

johnf_456, May 2, 3:09am
Buyers market

m16d, May 2, 3:11am
As long as people are bidding on it, why not let it go.

vag.central, May 2, 3:13am
Bidders were waiting until the last 10sec to bid, atleast at 30sec it wouldnt take so long

petemun, May 2, 3:17am
So whats the problem exactly !

johnf_456, May 2, 3:19am
No problem

petemun, May 2, 3:19am
Ah I understand now lol just abit slow today

petemun, May 2, 3:20am
he wants it cut from 2mins to 30 secs. prob fair enough

fordluva, May 2, 3:26am
from a buyers POV great, from a sellers nah, imagine those on dial up! (yes there are some still lurking) I remember the days when I would place a bid in the last 30 seconds only to be told the current bid is higher,

johnf_456, May 2, 3:28am
Or to add you are on broadband and speed capped.

xacoon, May 2, 3:39am
yip good old dialup. joys of living in the country

phillip.weston, May 2, 3:40am
or if you're bidding on your phone. on basic non-smart phones it's not so easy to navigate through the bidding pages quickly.

speedwayfan1, May 2, 3:52am
I just don't know why people wait to the last few seconds to bid when they know it's getting extended to 2 more minutes anyway.

cybertao, May 2, 4:09am
Decide how much you are willing to pay and place an autobid.

Simple.

rsr72, May 2, 4:42am
Trademe extend is better than Ebay, where if you don't put in an outlandishly high bid beforehand you'll mostly be beaten in a last-minute bidding battle by those overseas bidding at the last second who are on ultra high-speed broadband, as most of them are compared with NZ.

whqqsh, Jan 3, 4:43pm
a guy i know has a programme that places bids, calls it 'sniper' or something. I get sick of watching something on ebay then watch it go nuts in the last 5 seconds with no hope of counterbid