Mazda Demio 2003 - 2005 models owners opinions?

b_unit101, Apr 4, 5:57am
Im looking at buying one of these in the next 6 months, and just thought id ask the opinions of Demio owners :) Ive currently got a 92 diesel corona, which is nice and economical and roomy, Im just after something newer and petrol, and since it would just be me and my 3 year old in it most of the time, thought it should be big enough! what does everyone think!
I really love the look of them, and it seems to be the best little 4 door i could get for my money :) i dont want another big car at the moment for just the 2 of us.
Any comments and opinions appreciated.
Thanks!

stevo2, Apr 4, 6:08am
Good reliable car. If you like it, get one.
Cheers Stevo

b_unit101, Apr 4, 6:31am
ive been looking on here, and ive seen a couple of the old model in 02, it must be the year it changed over so i thought id just mention the 03 onwards to be sure of the shape i mean. I dont mind as long as its auto :)
Thanks Stevo, Im pretty sure its what i will get :) Reliability is a big thing on my list, would rather not be paying to get it fixed all the time! lol

theedge76, Apr 21, 6:11pm
Great car, however if you get a model later than 2003, forget about changing the stereo. They're very good and reliable (and fuel efficient!) otherwise.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 22, 6:34am
The Demio's are not a bad wee car but the 2001 or newer Fiat Punto is a much better buy. The Punto is much better on fuel, you can buy a really nice low km Punto of the same age for around $6000 so is much cheaper to buy.

Parts for the Punto are cheap, they have a 4 1/2 star NCAP rating and are a properly equipped little car with lots of really nice features and plenty of grunt.

The 1.2 litre Punto 80ELX performs much the same as a 1.6 or 1.8 litre Corolla and has a lot more go than most of those smaller motor cars that compete with it.

Well worth taking one for a drive and if you are buying an automatic thats even more reason to go Punto as the transmission is miles better to use than the Mazda unit.

Good luck with your purchase.

divermark, Apr 24, 1:49am
+1never buy a car where you can't change the radio. they ware out.

vtecintegra, Apr 24, 9:23am
Good luck buying anything made within the last five years then.

theedge76, Dec 9, 2:48am
Mine's still going fine, and it's a 2003.however I would have loved to have changed the radio out to something I would have liked. But as mentioned above, overlooking this issue, I find them a perfectly fine car to drive.
My next one will probably be something like a Verisa tho.