Please help Honda Domino 92 wont go

v8sronman, Apr 13, 9:49pm
I was driving up the harbour bridge and my honda just lost power, i tried starting it but it wouldnt go, got AA breakdown to come look at it and he said the dizzy was faulty and that he could get it going for me but when it warmed up it would die again, so i got it towed home and bought a distributor and installed it, I tried to start it but it wouldnt even cough it just kept on turning and turning over.
I have checked the spark and there is a spark from the leads as i stuck my finger down the lead and got zapped.Ouch.So i am wondering if there is a fuel blockage somewhere !Any suggestions please or maybe there is something you could advise me to look at !I need help please !Is there only one way the dizzy can go in !"It seemed pretty basic to install".

carkitter, Apr 13, 10:29pm
Hehe!
Watch out for that.
Yes the dizzy can only fit in one way (Honda offset the lugs that connect to the camshaft) but the plug leads can easily get mixed up. Are the dizzy cap and rotor in good nick! Is the ignitor module an OKI (faulty from factory) or an NEC (warranty replacement)! The ignitor is about 3cm square and has 3 terminals on top and one on the side. The ignitor is under the cover that sits under the rotor. Disassembly required.

phillip.weston, Apr 13, 10:51pm
Honda Domino!

carkitter, Apr 13, 11:14pm
Domani.

phillip.weston, Apr 13, 11:15pm
I figured that, just thought I would bring it up cause it was funny haha. I wonder if I should call my one a Domino too.

v8sronman, Apr 13, 11:25pm
Yes it almost looks new, there is no dust on it at all, but there is a spark, could it still be faulty do you think ! and if the firing order is out wouldnt it still cough and splatter or not !It is consistantly winding when turning over !There is not even a slight hint of it starting.Thanks for your genuine interest !

carkitter, Apr 13, 11:34pm
If all 4 are wrong then it'll become flooded. Take a spark plug out and you'll smell fuel. If it is flooded, don't wind it over too much as the unburnt fuel will wash the oil of the cylinder walls increasing wear on pistons, rings and the cylinder block.

3962, Apr 13, 11:47pm
If plug doesn't smell like fuel, put some in it.

v8sronman, Apr 15, 8:59pm
Ive done the firing order and it still not going, tipped a bit of petrol down spark plugs and still not going.Thanks car kitter for your suggestionms but still no go.

richardmayes, Nov 4, 6:46am
If there's not even a sniff of wanting to start then that sounds like ignition, not fuel.

Get an auto electrician to look at your new dizzy installation.