1992 Honda Civic

frances1266, Apr 13, 9:24am
Your views on this car please.Is it reliable and economic to run.
Tks

jezz43, Apr 13, 9:27am
most civics are cheap as chips to fix and run. good for kids to learn in as they are cheap to buy too

fordcrzy, Apr 13, 9:51am
bad rust issues in structural areas to look out for. also the water pump is run off the cam belt on the ZC engines so make sure its water pump has been replaced or your engine will self destruct when the water pump fails,

franc123, Apr 13, 9:59am
In overall terms they are as good as any of its competitors of the era, in some areas better.The engines are a free revving, smooth and economical unit that lasts a long time if they aren't overheated, the autos have special oil needs and don't like abuse or lack of maintenance, its important to check how it behaves and get an idea of how well its been looked after before you buy.Avoid any that don't shift gears smoothly and seem to shift up too soon or too late.Manuals are generally trouble free.The rear suspension was a bit of an odd and complicated design, as was the two piece tailgate arrangement on hatchbacks, some find it OK, others think its a pain.Expect to have to replace some suspension parts especially on highish km ones.By that time rust wasn't really an issue as it was on earlier versions but still check it properly, especially in the roof, door pillars and the boot area.

girlracer2005, Apr 13, 10:59am
most of the eg shaped civics run d series engine not a zc nut there are a few zc ones about most in the 4wd civic's

topcat2006, Apr 13, 11:01am
i have an EG4 (d15b sohc vtec). get close to 700km's off a 40liter tank using 95. no its not vtec-e or i wouldnt have bought it lol

wrong2, Apr 13, 11:41am
thats very good

with a 1500 nissan pulsar, i managed to just get into the 17km/L range as well , but that was with very carefull nana driving only

plasticboys, Oct 26, 5:13pm
mine was nice till my wife backed it into a fence