Quick question about moterbike helmet

nonick27, Mar 31, 7:21am
can you get them repadded(as mine is stuffed and i like the helmet) and how much to get it done.Thank you.

bigracket, Mar 31, 7:23am
No not that Im aware of.

74nova, Mar 31, 7:23am
They say the life of a helmet is about 5 years, after that replace it.

gunhand, Mar 31, 7:24am
Depends on the helmet if it has detachable inner liners and so on. I would imagine by the time someone custom made new inner panels that have to be correct fitting and so on you would be better buying a new lid. What kind of helmet we talking about.

ralphdog1, Mar 31, 7:24am
You might want to think about the fact that if it is that old the outer shell has probably degraded becaues of UV exposure to the point of not being able to do it's job properly!
Unless you just see it's function as a rain hat.

nonick27, Mar 31, 8:12am
a FM 90

rob_man, Mar 31, 8:13am
Remove everything inside it, place it on your head and squirt Selleys Space Invader into the gap. Perfect fit every time.
Might pay to put some gladwrap over your hair first and cover your eyes.

nonick27, Mar 31, 8:14am
its a 1985 mod race type B,might just dump it

peril787b1, Mar 31, 8:16am
Considering it's 20 years past it's recommended life span, yeah. Dump it.

berg, Mar 31, 8:18am
How much do you value your head! Replace it with a new correct fitting helmet. Mine saved my life!

nonick27, Mar 31, 8:19am
Thanks ppl

gunhand, Mar 31, 8:19am
FM wasnt a particulary expensive brand from memory! There are many excellent well priced helmets now that will be lighter and all round better. You only got head so protect it as best you can. Shark, are a reputable brand and make helmets for all price groups.If you pay under $100 for a new helmet (full face) DONT.
And most have removable and replaceable liners etc. These parts well providing comfort and support are also part of the crash structure of a helmet.

xs1100, Mar 31, 8:21am
+ 1 and just think how much you will love your new one also

m16d, Mar 31, 8:26am
Ha. and as the saying goes. If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet.

ola_bitchola1, Mar 31, 8:27am
may i recommend a 1tonne helmet i brought one a few months ago for a lower end helmet i was impressed second drop down tinted visor in it a little more wind noise than my ffm helmet

flockton55, Mar 31, 9:19am
HJC do a good range of helmets which are very similar to Shoei in the way they fit. Try different brands, as everyone's head has a different shape, and some brands fit some people perfectly, but other brands are tight in all the wrong places.

socram, Sep 14, 7:07am
Totally agree.At that age, you can never tell if it has been dropped either. Biff it.