Honda CRV Idle control fault?

carmedic, Mar 26, 6:35am
I have in my possession a 1996 automatic Honda CRV (RD1 import) it has intermittent fluctuating/erratic idle resulting in staling at junctions etc.
Despite my best efforts I can??

jasongroves, Mar 26, 6:53am
Only info I have is for 97 onwards, but should be similar:
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2594/crv.jpg

jasongroves, Mar 26, 6:54am

jasongroves, Mar 26, 6:56am

jasongroves, Mar 26, 6:57am

jasongroves, Mar 26, 6:59am

jasongroves, Mar 26, 6:59am

carmedic, Mar 26, 7:06am
Thanks Jason I feel bad now.
I have Autodata too, LOL
And it helps not one iota !

johnf_456, Mar 26, 7:08am
A so called mechanic that can't use autodata clap clap.

jasongroves, Mar 26, 7:09am
Constructive

jasongroves, Mar 26, 7:09am
Bugger.that took me ages;) Lol

johnf_456, Mar 26, 7:10am
Its ok we will let him off its friday!

fordcrzy, Mar 26, 7:14am
o2 sensor!

carmedic, Mar 26, 7:29am
Sorry mate!

carmedic, Mar 26, 7:30am
Meaning what!
Autodata is compiled to cover the European marketed versions of vehicles; any NZ overlap is purely coincidental.
It lists Euro spec CRV??

johnf_456, Mar 26, 7:34am
Ok ignore it I can't be bothered arguing on this occasion you win. You agreed early to jason's posts. Thats a odd one for what is a common vehicle I haven't fixed hardly any of those.

carmedic, Mar 26, 7:34am
Yes might be a job for the morning to test.

carmedic, Mar 26, 7:38am
No, you jumped up little prick don??

johnf_456, Mar 26, 7:47am
Haha take a chill pill, rage much, least I admitted I got it wrong. As normally autodata does have all the relevant info, wron't go far with an attitude like that for trying to help. My bets would be air flow meter and also check the alternator is charging they do wierd things also those cars when the voltage is all over the place.

I say one thing and you fly off the handle grab a beer chill out.

hijacka, Aug 28, 9:50am
Undo the intake pipe from the throttle body, the are two holes inside the throttle body, block 1 hole at a time with the engine running(during intermittent fluctuating) it should run sweet when you block 1 of the holes which inturn means 1 of the idle control vavles is dicky, one is mechanical that located under the throttle body and the other is electronic and bolted to the intake manifold either one can cause this problem, if this is the problem, unbolt them and Clean them both.
Buy sum brake clean.
Remove and soak in brakeclean for afew hours.
Re-seal and bolt it back on.