Overheating ford courier 2.5 turbo diesel

Page 2 / 2
steve312, Feb 26, 7:32pm
+1.These vehicles as mentioned earlier in the post, have barely enough cooling capacity when under load.Block some of the radiator off and they will cool enough on the flat but start overheating as soon as you point the nose uphill.

Have done a lot of these through my workshop and 90% of them with these symptoms have blocked radiators.Some can be cleaned out but many need a new radiator.

dent, Feb 28, 7:27am
I would start by getting a leak down test done. This is where someone feeds 100psi in to each cylinder with it a tdc. Then check for bubbles or a rise in fluid in the radiator. If this proves positive then you have a blowen head gasket or cracked head. If its negative then pull out the radiator and get it checked. Why go to the effort of all that stuff then find its got a blowen headgasket/Cracked head, when you can start with worse case senario and work your way back.

gremlin5, Feb 28, 7:48am
Might sound like a silly question but does the viscous fan work! Fanbelt tensioned correctly!

kazbanz, Feb 29, 5:32am
My arguement is the exact oposite of yours. Why go to the head when all thats wrong is a partially blocked rad!
I'd be looking for cause first and effect later

guest, Aug 20, 7:39am
I've recently bought an 2000 ford courier. Have only done about 100 kilometeres on it and already it's over heating. There's also bubbles coming from the over flow tube in the overflow tank.
Really angry this has happened and want to get to the bottom of it if anyone can help