Does an auto mazda capella need a transmission

writy, Feb 13, 6:36am
filter change or just an oil change !

mugenb20b, Feb 13, 7:45am
Why would you do one but not the other!

Even an oil and filter change alone is a half arsed job as half of all the oil will still be in the torque converter and valve body.

So, what you really need to do, is a transmission flush (this can get very messy if you are doing it at home by yourself), and then remove the oil pan, clean the inside of it and change the filter. Then refill and check the fluid level again.

writy, Feb 13, 7:58am
are you sure you can do that on a capella ! thats why i asked because i've been told filters that are the side don't soil up as much so you can just get away with an oil change. Are they on the side or are they under in the pan ! i've googled it, but don't seem to be able to find any information.

intrade, Feb 13, 8:12am
automatic filter and atf and some need bands tightening while the sump is off. manual dont have filter and transmission from manual hardly needs oil changes ever.

intrade, Feb 13, 8:14am
you need 15 leter atf 1 filter and 1 new cork gasketfor transmissions automatic 90s capella so you got to tell what capella you got and what transmission it has fitted

intrade, Feb 13, 8:18am
just googled this its inside automatic transmission all have similar filters
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php!123731415-How-much-Transmission-fluid-is-needed