Question about some features of the Impreza

bellasmoons, Feb 13, 5:19pm
Well er features might not be the right word but.
Why have I never seen my fuel light come on when it has been on empty! Im wondering if when the light does finally come on whether id be screwed and not able to get to a petrol station. or does it have a big reserve tank!
Secondly, there is a button by the hand brake that makes a HOLD button appear with a snowflake looking symbol. What does that do!
Random things bugging me lol

henderson_guy, Feb 13, 5:31pm
The button holds your transmission in its current gear, so you can maintain better control of your vehicle on slippery surfaces i.e. snow. as for the light, maybe it hasn't been empty enough, or just doesnt work

bellasmoons, Feb 13, 5:58pm
i really thought i got it down empty enough so hmm. maybe it doesn't work

matthew_129, Feb 13, 7:39pm
What year impreza! as the early ones dont have a fuel light

duke250, Feb 13, 9:17pm
I had a 1st gen legacy GT which I really liked. But the fuel light would come on about 30 seconds before the car runs out of petrol. Which I found pretty funny (not at 1st tho).

louisesamosa, Feb 13, 9:32pm
My old Legacy used to pretend to have nearly a quarter of a tank and then out of the blue the needle would drop, the light would come on and if you weren't near a gas station you were stuffed!
My Impreza wagon (2004) does have a fuel warning light but unsure how many km I can do before I'm square wheeled!

saki, Feb 14, 4:05am
Fuel light comes on with about 8 litres left

morrisman1, Feb 14, 4:24am
Sounds about right for a subaru

bellasmoons, Feb 14, 5:54am
its a 97

shane191, Feb 14, 7:50am
my 96 model doesn't have a fuel light

matthew_129, Feb 15, 9:16am
97 is right on the virge between V3 and V4 impreza's. V1, 2 and 3 had the same (early) interior with no fuel light. V4 and upwards had the updated interior which included a fuel light

ceedoubleyou, Feb 15, 9:24am
RSKB4 fuel light came on with about 10 litres left

bellasmoons, Feb 17, 7:55pm
Hmm so it truly doesn't have a fuel light. Im suprised. It has all these other random buttons but not a fuel light. weird

mk3zephyr, Feb 17, 8:54pm
wifes 95 Impreza runabout has no fuel light, also hasnt even got a bloody clock in it either.

bellasmoons, Feb 17, 9:03pm
I do have a clock. the stupid radio doesn't go up high enough though so i can't get Greymouth stations so need a new one.