Dedicated Lpg question

selwyn_peters, Feb 16, 7:50pm
Looking at buying a ba xt falcon which is a dedicated lpg. Will this effect its ability to tow a boat etc! any knowledge or advice on power losage etc would be handy cheers

sifty, Feb 16, 7:54pm
I had a dual fuel XF Fairmont years ago, never noticed much diff between gas or petrol, still towed pretty good.

peebeenz, Feb 16, 7:57pm
When we had a dual fuel van there was no difference between the two except price to fill up.Use to tow a 18 ft caravan no trouble.

thunderbolt, Feb 16, 7:59pm
E Gas

Power: 156 kW (209 hp) @ 4750-5000 rpm
Torque: 374 N·m (276 lb·ft) @ 2750-3000 rpm

Petrol

Power: 182 kW (244 hp) @ 5000 rpm
Torque: 380 N·m (280 lb·ft) @ 3250 rpm

thunderbolt, Feb 16, 8:01pm
Down on KW but still plenty of useable torque at lower RPM would work well for towing.

selwyn_peters, Feb 16, 8:10pm
thanks for adive guys. its a 03 with 350km on it. Ex taxi. 2.5k cant be bad price for a tow hack can it!

jenny188, Feb 16, 8:29pm
A vehicle on Dedicated LPG (with petrol tank/ fuel system removed) in theory should run more efficiently than the same vehicle on Petrol. LPG has a higher burning temp which should mean more expansion in the chambers. In practice most cars run dual lpg/ petrol systems , so are carting extra weight and then they are tuned "on a compromise" to suit both fuels.

tonyrockyhorror, Feb 16, 8:58pm
Down on peak power only. More power where you normally used it though.

don_logan, Feb 16, 10:37pm
I got a BA dedicated with 340k on it. Great cheap car to run, get yourself a rock gas card and cant go wrong!, but at those KM, Check out the braking system carefully, not an expensive or hard problem to fix.Also check front suspension, off memory there are a few expensive bushes in the BA to replace. check the auto out carefully as they can be a weak point with higher KM. and its a MUST to fit a trans cooler and bypass the orignial.I used mine for a tow car and they are ok. Rear suspension is a bit cheesey with big weight on them. but they still do have usefull torque for towing. Although I find the gearing a bit big for a great tow car.