Honda Accord bonnet replacement

dgriffnz, Feb 28, 8:05am
Anyone here in the know! I want to stick a new bonnet on my 2000 Honda Accord import (someone backed over it with their SUV spare tyre). I'm not interested in messing around with insurance.I'm wondering what it might cost to get a NEW bonnet (not a recycled one). Anyone!

andrea_w, Feb 28, 8:09am
A lot
Get a 2nd hand one

johnf_456, Feb 28, 8:15am
A lot, I would be tempted to get one from a wrecker then get it colour matched to your car and have any marks / defects fixed.

gammelvind, Feb 28, 8:15am
Plus you may luck it and find one the right colour

panicky, Feb 28, 8:16am
Ring Honda NZ 0800 377374, BE Carparts do some, probably taiwanese.Either way you will need to get it painted.

dgriffnz, Feb 28, 8:21am
I'm dubious regarding a 2nd hand one and am willing to pay up to $1,500 for a new one fitted. The car is very tidy, and I only had it about 3 days before blindo numpty backed into it. I just want it straight again.

johnf_456, Feb 28, 8:23am
For the price of a second hand one and getting it professionally painted, sanded, filled if needed it will be better as it will also match your car colour. After 12 years of fading it will be a different shade from when it left the factory.

Not to mention cheaper.

mugenb20b, Feb 28, 8:24am
You are kidding, right! Let's say you do the above, and a week later the same or similar thing happens. Will you pay another $1500! A car is a depreciating asset after all.

gunhand, Feb 28, 8:25am
Dubious about a 2nd hand one! why!You can get parts in such a condition that all you do is bolt them on. Chances are you will be able to one the same colour if you speak nicely to the parts place. Unless your dealing with backyard joe most parts these days are of very high quailty. selling crap will put you off side with beaters very quickly.

dgriffnz, Feb 28, 8:37am
I probably would - money's not the issue, getting a straight car again is the priority. Getting this one repaired makes better financial sense than swapping it for a another straight car. I've had enough shit cars in my life that I'm eager to have a smart, tidy looking vehicle.

mugenb20b, Feb 28, 8:44am
A second hand bonnet doesn't mean you'll have a shit car, nor does it mean you'll have a good one with the brand new bonnet.

outbidyou2, Feb 28, 8:47am
its a honda, get a second hand one.

tuttyclan, Feb 29, 12:35am
Second hand same colour.

richardmayes, Feb 29, 12:45am
A 2000 Honda accord (Jap import) is a car that was never sold new in this country. Good luck.

gammelvind, Feb 29, 1:11am
If you make an insurance claim, would doubt the ins company would allow the panel shop to replace with a new one.

trdbzr, Feb 29, 1:46am
Common sense would say take it to a panel beater to get it fixed or buy a second hand one. The moment you put a brand new one on your car, it becomes second hand anyway.

But if you are really wanting to get a brand new one, then give Honda a call and see if they can order one for you. End of story.

marcos1, Feb 29, 4:46am
I would be tempted to phone Honda as well.

You might be surprised at what they have in stock for a reasonable price.

moosie_21, Feb 29, 4:50am
Get one with airvents all over the place that do nothing to aid in cooling the engine or providing downforce

tuttyclan, Feb 29, 6:20am
Did you get the details of the person who backed into your car.If they paid the cost of a second hand one, then It wont cost you much more to put some up for a new one.Its the principal if someone damages your property then they need to pay.

johnf_456, Feb 29, 7:35am
^^, if no witness where there any CCTV cameras around