92 honda domani v-tec - Distrubator

tigga212, Feb 29, 8:41pm
my honda distrubator need's replacing my dizzy number is TD - 48u
I have found a dizzy on Trademe it is a TD - 58u.
my question is will this be ok for in my honda TIA

intrade, Feb 29, 8:45pm
you can replace the chip if you got no spark, you also need to replace the sparkplug and ignition cables for new ones or the chip can be fried soon afetr again. and no a other distributor is likely not going to work. I have had a chip on honda replaced and they fitted the wrong one there where 2 chip for same ignition module and it would not start at first but then ran ok for 4 days then it stoped with no spark again . got another correct chip because the sparkplugs and wires had been replaced and ruled out as being the cause. was the apprentice who made a mistake ordering the chip one ws gray colour other black that was all that showed the difference . cost will be about 160$ is a chip about 120$ new ignition wires and plugs 35$ .

tigga212, Feb 29, 8:53pm
plenty of spark, the bearing has run in it. i had it looked at by a machinc & there quote is 350 to get a second hand dizzy fitted - roughly 2month's ago my dizzy had new coil fitted

tmenz, Feb 29, 8:56pm
I have a Honda with an F20a motor - it has a TD-58U distributor. When the original failed, I got a TD-31U from a wrecker who assured me this was an earlier version of the same distributor (only one available in a hurry). This worked fine.
I would suggest you give Strong Honda a ring and ask them if the 48 and 58 are similarly interchangeable!

tmenz, Feb 29, 9:00pm
That's a common fault with Honda distributors - mine did the same. I bought a brand new body complete with shaft, bearings and sensors and fitted the original coil, ignitor, rotor and cap on to it. About $400 for the new part from Honda. More reassuring than second hand bearings!

tigga212, Feb 29, 9:25pm
many thank's for all your reply's. am going to do some enquireing today for pricing etc. the car has cost me a fortune lately new gear box seal tyre's, top radioator tank replaced, cambelt & waterpump, coil in the dizzy. 1200+ later i thinking it would of been cheaper to get a new car

drew2009, Feb 29, 11:11pm
Dont buy from strong honda though their prices are outrageous. shop around.

intrade, Feb 29, 11:44pm
try "dasko" for the part you need also. i can only see igniter module is 116$ for domani honda

tigga212, Mar 1, 2:35am
thank's to all that have replyed re: the dizzy, wen't to the local wrecker's and picked up a dizzy with cap & lead's for $65 + they put it in for me. car started first pop. new dizzy is td - 41 my one was 48. i have taken it for a decenet drive & have had no trouble's.

intrade, Mar 1, 2:38am
if it dies then the ignitor mudle burned out check spark no spark dead module . fit your module and it should then be ok . taken about a week for it to fry up on the civic that i fixed once. but starting first pop sounds good

intrade, Mar 1, 2:38am
if it dies then the ignitor module burned out check spark no spark dead module . fit your module and it should then be ok . taken about a week for it to fry up on the civic that i fixed once. but starting first pop sounds good