Cert question. If a car nissan primera has cert for wheels and adjustable suspension but you want to put it back to factory do y

tnt423, Apr 19, 6:09am
If a car (Nissan Primera) has cert for wheels and adjustable suspension, but you want to put it back to factory do you have to get a new cert or can the plate just be taken off.

lyonruge, Apr 19, 6:12am
It will have to be re-certed. Pulling the plate is an offence.

lyonruge, Apr 19, 6:13am
. in saying that, you may get away with it, but if you have an accident, it will recorded as modified/certed and if the plate/vehicle has been tampered with, you may have no insurance.

a.woodrow, Apr 19, 6:15am
Why does a vehicle have to be recertified if you return it to factory!

lookoutas, Apr 19, 6:29am
So someone can make some more money out of you!

a18a, Apr 19, 6:34am
I notice they show the size of your rims too. Are you still allowed to change the rims for different sized ones after a cert!

esprit, Apr 19, 6:48am
Not without re-cert, but seldom enforced.

smac, Apr 19, 6:51am
Basically the certifications become the new baseline, the 'normal' condition of that vehicle. SO if you return it to standard you are seen to be modifying it again.

Each time a vehicle is modified the whole thing is checked to make sure it all works together. Otherwise you could modify engine and brakes, get certified, then return brakes to standard and not need a recheck.

millerz08, Apr 19, 6:52am
I would like to know also.
I had my HQ certified for another engine and gear box last month.
The cert place put the size of the rims on the cert plate.
I was planning on putting tridents on it later in the year, but I think they may be different sizing.

Surely this does not require re certifiying does it!

smac, Apr 19, 6:52am
Yeah that's a pain. Under normal WOF you can vary wheels within certain limits. But once certified you can't vary them at all without re-cert (technically). But as you say seldom enforced.

smac, Apr 19, 6:54am
My mini got certified with 12X6's. I then went to 10X5 and checked the rules. Got told even though I was within WOF variances, because I was certed for the 12's I had to be rechecked.

zephyrheaven, Apr 19, 6:58am
What a lame tax

millerz08, Apr 19, 6:59am
My mini got certified with 12X6's. I then went to 10X5 and checked the rules. Got told even though I was within WOF variances, because I was certed for the 12's I had to be rechecked.[/quote]

I didnt relise that.
Is insurance void if the rims are changed after cert! or does it causes issues with WOF!

Looks like I will have to save a little longer, its another $420 for cert again.

smac, Apr 19, 8:24am
As I said.seldom enforced ;)

As for the money, if you are going to get it done, check with the same certifier - they may do a cheapie if it's a minor change and they've seen the vehicle before (this is what I was offered).

socram, Apr 19, 8:54am
I believe that you can get the car certed for two sizes of rims at the time of original certification.I am guessing you need a set of both available so that the ride height can be checked.

I wish I had bought a set of 15" and a set of 16" rather than two sets of 15", as I think that I need a set of 16" and larger rolling radius for touring but not sure how you then go about the inaccurate speedo!

Haven't had it certified yet so maybe there is time.