EB Fairmont question

robotix1970, May 7, 7:18am
can anyone tell me how many column change sedans were made/assembled in NZ please as i know a older couple who's thinking of selling their factory original one with only about 92000k's on it but they don't use trademe or know what it's worth.

3tomany, May 7, 7:22am
prob not a lot. put in a shed for another 15 years and it will go up in value.

snoopy221, May 7, 7:29am
Think there was EB1 and EB2 from memory and that would be one of not 2 many EB1's IMO.
Think EB1 was 3 speed auto and EB2 was 4 speed auto.

dr_blueoval, May 7, 7:30am
There weren't any column shift Fairmonts by then, that option was dropped with the XF, it was only available on Falcon GL or GLi spec in the case of series 2 EB's, which were the last Falcons assembled at Wiri. In terms of numbers built here I don't know but the mix between floor and column shift EB's was about half and half, maybe slightly more floor shifters. Not really a good time to sell given these havd bottomed in value now.

dr_blueoval, May 7, 7:37am
The 4 speed trans was introduced at EA2, beginning 1990. The EB1 was indeed a fairly rare model, it was only in production for a matter of months before being replaced by the 2, when the 4.0 multipoint replaced both the 3.9's. It was only a slightly reworked EA and really was only known for the return of the V8 option.

snoopy221, May 7, 7:52am
the last Falcons assembled at Wiri.

Yeah when the cuzzie fitting the stereos managed tonaff up the joint on the wiring feed to the fuel pump.

[T V N Z used to just buy em without warranties or dealer service-used to be a few swings and roundabouts between us and the dealers as to who gave who the **Service Bulletin** knowledge.]-And yeah ya'd be right about the trans change on the EA rather than the EB.
EB1 was indeed a fairly rare model, it was only in production for a matter of months before being replaced by the 2, when the 4.0 multipoint replaced both the 3.9's. It was only a slightly reworked EA and really was only known for the return of the V8 option.
-[And the distinct lack of brakes as in respect of the extra neddy-L O L]-

robotix1970, May 7, 8:14am
thanks for the heads up. it's a 1990 model and got a 4 speed auto (1,2,3,D,N,R,P) with a switch on the dashboard with Power/Economy written on it., and it still drives like brandnew although they mainly drive it on a sunday when there's little traffic around and not on any E/Q damaged roads.

robotix1970, May 7, 9:32am
that one is an EB 2 or ED model which looks different(thats a floor change model) from the one that i have seen but thanks all the same

snoopy221, May 7, 4:12pm
EB 2, when the 4.0 multipoint replaced both the 3.9's.
Qis your1 a 3.9 or 4.0 engine!
DR blue oval knows is fords- BUT!
CSI! or multipint!
[CSI is early EA Central Solenoid Injection-sorta lyk a carburettor. MultiPoint is basic MPFI with and injector per cylnder]

snoopy221, May 7, 4:14pm
carjam the rego-or look at the date FIRST REGISTERED on the rego bizzo on the screen-K