Honda Odyssey - Accord cyl heads interchangeable?

porteous1, May 8, 9:53am
I have a 1994 Honda Odyssey with a F22B engine.Is a cylinder head from Honda Accord with F22B1 engine able to be fitted to the Odyssey!Any assistance appreciated with this.

a.woodrow, May 8, 11:29am
I would assume that if the engine is the same then they would fit. TBH I'm not sure if the 1 makes a difference or not. Did you cook the head or are you replacing for another reason!

porteous1, May 8, 8:49pm
Broken cam belt bent valves in cylinders 3 and 4 - the Odyssey is non vtec.Can get a head off a vtec engine for $70 which may be the best option.Valves ex Repco = $75ea.I still need to check other parts suppliers so still haven't decided final action.

kazbanz, May 8, 8:56pm
I THINK you will find it will fit but the plumbingt is different

a.woodrow, May 8, 8:56pm
ahh vtec. Well question is, will the vtec work! I'm not up to play with honda so not sure if they are oil powered or electronic, but I'm willing to bet that there is some sort of vtec sensor on the end of the cam that you wont have a corresponding plug for in your loom = no go, or at least no go very well. Maybe a honda guru can come along and correct me though.

tuttyclan, May 8, 9:04pm
F22BThis engine was used in the 1992??

kazbanz, May 8, 9:09pm
so tutty--short version---The head will fit but the plumbing wont work

tuttyclan, May 8, 9:27pm
Pretty sure the 1994-95 NZ new Odysseys had the SOHC non Vtec in them.
The one descibed must be a imported version.
So basically you want to fit a SOHC head with VTEC to a engine that had a DOHC head without VTEC.

tuttyclan, May 8, 9:35pm
F22AThis engine series was used in the Honda Accord and Honda Prelude S. Aside from differences in tuning, these engines are substantially similar.

[edit] SpecificationsBore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm
Displacement: 2156 cc
Valve configuration: SOHC, 16 valves, non-VTEC
Compression ratio: 8.8:1
I would personally stick with the model head you have got but if you cant find one then maybe a SOHC (silvertop)non Vtec out of a NZ new LXi Accord 1994-97 might do but not really sure.Possibily even the NZ new 1992-93 (blacktop) head from a 2.2i Accord.

hi-ling, May 8, 9:46pm
The 2.2 odyessy came with the same non vtec SOHC motor as the NZ new LXi accords which are F22B3's. Theres plenty of those around

tuttyclan, May 8, 9:52pm
Thanks for your confirmation!

tuttyclan, May 8, 10:00pm
You may even find the SI Prelude of the same era houses the same engine as your DOHC non vtec.

michael.benn, May 9, 8:00am
Lol, there's a big difference between the F22B and the F22B1 that's in my CD5 accord.