Any thoughts on Honda Stepwgn appreciated

realtrader1, Apr 11, 7:55am
Thinking of a Stepwgn or stepwagon!they seem to be a 2L.Are they any good!Does anyone have first hand info!

mugenb20b, Apr 11, 8:44am
Not sure about the newer ones, but the first generation has the same B20B DOHC engine and transaxle that powers the CRV, SM-X, and most Orthias (unless they are 4WD models).

Are they any good! Yes, Hondas are good, but transmissions are on the weak side, so make sure you service them regularly.

Stepwagon has tonnes of space inside, but they handle like a gumboot full of water thanks to its brick inspired design.

realtrader1, Apr 11, 9:32am
That's interesting, thanks for that!Pity about the handling and trans maybe manual version is better, if there is one!

mugenb20b, Apr 11, 9:39am
Don't get me wrong, they are OK for what they are, but the Stepwagon will never be able to (or shouldn't rather.) carry or tow what Hiace vans can. They are more of a car with a van body, so the handling becomes very interesting in windy days. I had an Orthia once, and it was a great vehicle mechanically. You just need to be aware of its limitations, that's all.

mugenb20b, Apr 11, 9:41am
I haven't seen one yet. The new shape (2007) Stepwagon is much better I reckon.