Three issues with a 1989 Mazda Familia

nomannz123, Apr 5, 1:04pm
I have 3 issues with a Mazda Familia and they are as follows after a I changed the carburetor and they are as follows:
1. The kick down cable when reconnected now will not kick down properly when the throttle is pushed hard to the floor.
2. There is an electrical switch attached the body on the left of the carburetor when you look toward the firewall, is this anything to do with the auto transmission.
3. The car idles cold at around 1000 RPM, when it warms up the idles increases to 2000RPM.
Any ideas on how to fix any of these issues, I heard somewhere that you reset the kick down !
By the way is there a replacement for the water choke used on this model of car.
cheers

intrade, Apr 5, 3:57pm
kikckdown cable activates a switch on transmission only needs adjusting so it activates the trans switch power on carb one will be the killswitch for fuel normally maybe google the carb model or look up in haynes manual what things are suposed to be. could also be temperature sender or something you just need a diagram to see what is what but kikdown is done by adjustment of cable.

ceebee2, Apr 6, 4:16am
Sounds also like the "cold, fast idle" screw is not adjusted correctly or the throttle cable has no slack at idle.