Car cover question

footplate1, Apr 2, 4:41am
El cheapo car covers have instructions about not leaving them on the car for more than a week, without removing for a bit of air circulation.

I bought a BMW cover - silver mettalic-like exterion and a soft material-like cover on the inside.I would like to leave it on the car when I travel but it would generally be for two to three weeks.But I don't know if the one-week rule applies.

You might think that Team McMillan, who sold it to me, would know.But no, they don't!At $400 plus per cover, this is a bit irksome.

Anyone have a comparable cover and knows the answer!

Thanks

gram, Apr 2, 4:45am
Insist McMillan get off their butt and do some research.they are responsible for the product. Shouldn't be too hard for them to contact the manufacturer.!

bellky, Apr 2, 4:47am
Is the car stored inside or outside!

primemeat, Apr 2, 6:29am
Neighbour has one on his mach1 Mustang. Cheapo $40 ones from the Warehouse. Has been covered for 8 years and I cant see any issues.

jason18, Apr 2, 6:37am
I would give it a good wax before its on so has nothing to stick to.Even just a spray on wipe off wax be sweet.

mustang-man, Apr 2, 6:42am
Car covers are awesome for keeping your cars clean. I've had one on my old car thats not working, for months at a time and not really seen anything harmed by it.

jenny188, Apr 2, 10:58am
Car covers especially outside tend to get condensation between thevehicle and cover. hence they sweat and seldom dry completely out. ie moisture SEEPS in and cover stops air circulation from completely drying out. Same cover in different parts of N.Z. therefore gives different results. Lots of factor come in to play. on Concrete base or grass! Windy or sheltered, shady etc.

footplate1, Apr 2, 8:07pm
Outside.Too low slung - though standard - to get it into the garage.

footplate1, Apr 2, 8:09pm
All good points.Bought an el cheapo originally and it damaged the paint.hence my going for the BMW one.I am not going away again for a few weeks but.,.

r15, Apr 2, 8:19pm
i leave my vehicles on the driveway, all the time they're not being driven.

give it a good clean followed by a decent length drive before you go, and another when you return.

it's only 3 weeks. cars sit on yards for months too at times

cjohnw, Apr 2, 8:25pm
I had a BMW factory cover for my Mini Cooper. Went overseas for about 6 weeks and car was under the cover all that time. Took cover off on return - no issues at all.
I don't think you'll have a problem, actually.

footplate1, Apr 3, 1:55am
Thanks.I was spooked by the cheap one.

gooddealz2, Apr 3, 2:14am
I've got one on one of my cars with the soft material inside.I leave it on always as car only shifts once a month.No problems after a couple of years.I agree with the cheap ones though in that they're only good for keeping dust off but not so good at keeping moisture out.