Honda CRV 1996. Will a honda crvhandle a single axle trailer with load of firewoodwhat could it really tow

vintage01, May 31, 4:28am
Will a Honda CRV,handle a single axle trailer with load of firewood,what could it really tow!

richardmayes, May 31, 4:32am
No problem.

Plenty of lesser motors than that will tow a small trailer of firewood quite happily.

gman35, May 31, 4:33am
around town , open road , hills , standard or cage trailer etc etc !Would limit to non-caged trailer only if going out of town for stability / braking reasons. I used my Mazda 3 for taking a caravan across town , even "taking it easy with light throttle etc" the 16ft van showed up the short wheelbase of a smaller vehicle.

vintage01, May 31, 5:55am
Yep agree,towing is fine ,just the stopping.

msigg, May 31, 7:05am
Stopping should be ok I would be concerned with the gearbox, they arn't that strong and you may need an oil cooler if long distance and going fast over ranges etc. Will be ok if take it easy.

vintage01, Jun 1, 4:24am
thanks for all messages,have diesel courier ute,too dear to redgister and bit more comfort,looking at replacing with petrol,Not uesed by tradesman,just oldfart retired builder, reluctant to give up my independence,and,need to tow occassionally.

john26a, Jun 1, 5:56am
I had a 1996 Honda CRV and I would never put a trailer behuid they are just to gutless even with out a trailer. Would never buy one again. I sold it for a RAV4. Great car for towing hand has the power there when required.

zak1998, Jun 1, 7:14am
pull up to 1200kg unbraked but are gutless theyneed a turbo or a V6 model

zak410, Jun 5, 5:05am
^^beam me up scotty ^^!

richardmayes, Jun 5, 5:12am
No doubt a Holden commodore would be a much better tow vehicle for towing heavier trailers, a long way, on the open road. (Especially those supercharged V6 ones, those are a lot of car for the money.)

But that wasn't the question. O.P. is asking would a CRV tow a small trailer of firewood.And even my wife's little old Ford Laser can do that. so I really can't see a CRV having any great problems.

a.woodrow, Jun 5, 5:16am
Haha I just pinged him in another thread. I'm guessing supercharged_scotty wasn't avaliable lol

wilgil, Jun 5, 5:59am
CRV rated at 750kgs towing

ninja_man, Jun 5, 6:18am
how long will he last this time!

johnf_456, Jun 5, 6:22am
Probably not long ninja_man, he will probably have a big rant about how is Holden is number 1

Edit: Gone already

ninja_man, Jun 5, 7:13am
bahahaaha he didnt even last a day.