Any guide for replacing the suspension- Mitsubishi

beki07, Jun 2, 10:08am
Just brought a car, great in almost every way. The only issue with it, is it is lowered. Can live with it, but would prefer to put standard coils back in.

Is it easy to do! and any guides around.

andrea_w, Jun 2, 10:12am
Is it a red or blue Mitsi!

r15, Jun 2, 10:14am
easier to live with it unless its really low

beki07, Jun 2, 10:17am
Its pretty low, getting into my driveway alone involves careful and slow positioning. Will drive me mad slowly

jmma, Jun 2, 10:18am
Year, model and colour would be helpful (o:

andrea_w, Jun 2, 10:20am
Yep, the hint was missed

beki07, Jun 2, 10:24am
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum

beki07, Jun 2, 10:26am
Hints tend to be completely missed by me.

andrea_w, Jun 2, 10:33am
Well at least you had a sense of humour and laughed at what I posted. some people get angry at the "red or blue" question when they don't mention the type of car.
I'm not familiar with your type of car but now we all know what it is, someone will be able to answer your question accurately

r15, Jun 2, 12:05pm
ah, what is it with people lowering those things so far the bumper is nearly on the ground!

set of springs will probably cost around $600 retail, if you get them around 400 thats not too bad. try trademe.

as for fitting them you need to be a bit mechanical, and you will need spring compressors.

to be honest what i'd do if i didnt have the gear or knowledge is find a dodgey cheap looking garage and get them to do it. then check their work when you get home!

petal_91, Jun 2, 12:50pm
I have a stock height legnum which sometimes rubs on driveways and the like.These are low cars anyway.

gizmsme, Jun 2, 8:47pm
With the volume of these things around and the amount suffering motor and trans failure it should be easy enough to get a set of complete struts at a reasonable price or maybe swap your lowered stuff for standard stuff with someone who does want lowered units!