2003 BA Falcon: Key and Remote Question.

jetsin5, Jul 6, 3:03am
We brough our BA Falcon a couple of years ago and it only came with the spare key. Priced up to buy new key and the central locking remote from Ford dealership and was going to be over $600! Yikes!
Anyways what I want to know is if I went to the wreckers and brought a key and remote from the same model, can I then get them reprogammed for my car!

jason18, Jul 6, 3:23am
I bought two remotes off ebay aussie for $120 and it came with instructions on how to program them to your car. Its very easy!. Then copy a key if you need another at a key cutting place

andy61, Jul 6, 3:25am
Try Ebay australia or try your local locksmith.The locksmith here can supply aftermarket coded keys for most makes of cars.

jetsin5, Jul 6, 7:57am
Awesome thanks heaps! Will go have a look

ETA Although I am still interested to know if you can reprogram a 2nd hand remote.

unbeatabull, Jul 6, 9:31am
We get aftermarket Key & remotes from Access Locksmiths in CHCH, usually around $180 I think from memory. Usually don't even bother pricing up genuine ones for our customers cause we know which option they will take!

jason18, Jul 6, 7:35pm
You can reprogram second hand units but they aren't much cheaper than eBay ones at 60 bucks