love2shop, Jun 27, 9:39pm
Where can I purchase this please!

mrfxit, Jun 27, 9:50pm
Boil your jug.
Let cool & use that

scuba, Jun 27, 9:50pm
Repco. or boiled rainwater- not so many chemicals.,,

kazbanz, Jun 27, 9:53pm
put a bowl out on your back lawn. when its full of rainwater pour the contents through a new/clean stocking into a bottle.
free rainwater
--Incidently yes thats a serious reply

love2shop, Jun 27, 9:55pm
Thanks guys. I might try Repco as these are 4 big marine batteries and need them to live for a loooooooong time if possible. I appreciate your help.

drog, Jun 27, 10:20pm
Countdown supermarket sells distilled water. I have purchased it there. I assume that other supermarkets will stock / sell distilled water.

dr.doolittle, Jun 27, 10:32pm
Whats wrong with the bottled drinking water! Serious question here.

morrisman1, Jun 27, 10:34pm
that crap is just filtered water!

Distilled should have no minerals in it which could damage the battery.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 27, 10:35pm
Just lots of dust and trace elements, the very things you're trying to get rid of that boiling doesn't do.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 27, 10:36pm
It's de-mineralised water you're after.

trader_84, Jun 27, 10:39pm
Whats the water called when its been boiled and the steam collected and turned back into water again!

dr.doolittle, Jun 27, 10:47pm
distilled

bitsy_boffin, Jun 27, 10:49pm
Err. distilled.

That's what distillation is.

drog, Jun 27, 10:51pm
If that post is directed at me:

The label on the container clearly states that the water is *steam distilled*.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 27, 10:52pm
Distilled. The process is different to demineralised water which is filtered and is better but for the purposes of a battery it won't make any difference. But just boiling will only make a small amount of the contaminants boil off - the dust and chemicals that have a boiling point lower than 100°C will remain in the boiled water.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 27, 10:54pm
It's not that it's 'just filtered' but that it's filtered only for human consumption. Demineralised (deionised) water is filtered and is even better than distilled for the purpose of battery electrolyte replacement. It comes down to how it was filtered and for what purpose.

gusthe1, Jun 27, 10:58pm
thats not distillation. Doesnt even remove impurities. might kill some bacteria but not all.

bigfatmat1, Jun 27, 10:59pm
actually de ionised water is what ya use.should of read more thats what you said lol my appoligies

gusthe1, Jun 27, 10:59pm
i dont know what falls from the sky in your area but what is it in rainwater that will be caught in a stocking!

bigfatmat1, Jun 27, 11:00pm
fish

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 27, 11:01pm
Yeah, same thing. I just can't remember what they put on the labels! I think it's demin.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 27, 11:03pm
Do you have to pay for rainwater if you don't put it through a stocking!

bigfatmat1, Jun 27, 11:08pm
Got a de ioniser at work for f/lift batteries big cartridge thing that connects to the tap.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 27, 11:17pm
Yeah IIRC they're a resin filter. I don't think they're carbon like the domestic tap water ones.

gusthe1, Jun 27, 11:20pm
Pity. Thought it might have been something in stockings.